Looking for some rocking phones for under $250
Apr 27, 2003 at 1:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

bthorny

100+ Head-Fier
I've decided to upgrade from my HD590 which I really like but, when the upgrade bug hits it hits hard.

I Listen to Pearl Jam (my last post about this got locked), Ledzep, Sigor Ros, Massive Attack, The Who, Jack Johnson, Velvet Underground and a little bit of everything else. I plan on buying used.

I want something that will sound really good for what kind of music I listen too espically the Pearl Jam.

I've thought about the Audio Technica ATH A1000 and W100

What else should I consider in that price range? I would rather spend under $200 if possible but, up to $250 is fine remember though I will be buying used this is just the general amount I want to spend.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 27, 2003 at 1:34 AM Post #3 of 30
Right now, I have a regular headroom amp.
I just bought the MZ-N707 Minidisc player which is apprently a good portable source. I can't upgrade my computer source any more I have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz.
I have a Sony home receiver and CD player that I listen to sometimes but, To be honest I listen most on my computer.

I'll Probably pick up something else for a portable solution because choosing it hear would probably limit my options but, I'm open to all ideas.

Apr 27, 2003 at 5:23 AM Post #9 of 30
okay, i'll be the first to suggest the DT880. why? because it does all types of music equally well, that's why. but you knew that, didn't you? yeah, i like the DT880 a LOT.

Apr 27, 2003 at 5:38 AM Post #10 of 30
okay, i'll be the first to suggest the DT880. why? because it does all types of music equally well, that's why. but you knew that, didn't you? yeah, i like the DT880 a LOT.

Apr 27, 2003 at 10:58 AM Post #12 of 30
I would also come down in favor of the Grado SR225. They are terriffic for rock...great slam and presence.
biggrin.gif

Apr 27, 2003 at 9:20 PM Post #15 of 30
This is a really hard choice because in my town they don't have many phones our one sennheiser dealer has only the HD280's which are okay and all but, it just sucks, it looks like I'll have to call a bunch of stores in St. Louis an make a trip up their just to listen but, I bet I still won't find any nice ATH's or anything High end other than probably the HD600 and HD580.

Bahhh, This really makes me mad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back