Looking For Some New Headphones...
Dec 29, 2011 at 5:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ACheezyPenguin

New Head-Fier
Well, I've decided to trade in my Beats in order to buy some good headphones. I had a pair of Beats Solos, which I decided to trade in because of how freakishly uncomfortable they can be, the overly-present bass, and I just never really liked them. Unfortunately, I have no idea what to look for. My budget is at $200, as that's what I paid for the Beats and I got a full refund. I primarily listen to Rock, though I tend to delve a little into every genre (except Country), so a balanced pair would be nice. I'm looking for some over-the-ear headphones (cans? I believe they're called; not entirely sure, and confirmation would also be nice) that are comfortable and have good sound. From what research I've done, I'm leaning towards the Audio-Technica ATH M50s. Any suggestions will be taken into account. And truthfully, I'm fine with anything that doesn't rest on my ears. I hate on-the-ear headphones. Probably because of the Beats. 

P.S. Sorry if I'm a huge Audio n00b. 

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #2 of 4
the m50s are nice. if you are keen on more bass heavy options you can check out the sony xb series or beherdynamic dt 770

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #4 of 4
M50s will do what you want but you should also check out the SkullCandy Aviators. They have a more forward sound signature so they might be more interesting for Rock, and they're relatively well balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back