Looking for some new cans
Apr 7, 2012 at 1:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

powerdpower

Head-Fier
Hey I am looking for some new cans. I currently only have some DT990 pro 250 Ohms.

I am looking for something that I can use at home, on vacations, in the car with my iPod, etc. I don't care if there is some difference in sound quality between my home rig and my iPod, I just need good headphones for a wider variety of uses than my DT990's.

I have a budget of about 200$ to spend on these. I can go a little over but not too much :wink:

I am into clean, extending, bass, not thundering bass, but clean bass with extension way down low. I LOVE mids, and I like my crystal highs.

Any and all recommendations are appreciated!

Thanks!

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #3 of 29
The Ultrasone Pro900 are recommended and they offers deep punchy bass with detailed mids, highs and large soundstage.

Apr 7, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #5 of 29
The Ultrasone Pro 750 have gone down to $225 (U.S.) on Amazon in recent days.  Their little brother the HiFi 780 is under $200.  For more about each, check out the buying guides linked in the first post of the Recommendations thread.

Apr 7, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #6 of 29
What about the ultrasone HFI-2400 ?

Would they work OK with an iPod touch? Or do they absolutely need an amp? I have an E9 paired with a xonar DG for my home setup so at home I am good, but for on the road and using them on vacations I would only have my iPod. How will they fair in that regard?

Apr 7, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #9 of 29
That is a wee bit over my price range
deadhorse.gif

Wish I could spend more. but only about 200-250$

Apr 7, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #10 of 29
You can get them for $210 shipped from jr.com. Just call in and tell them that a friend got them for that price and you like to know if they will match it. They will :)

Apr 7, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #11 of 29
Did you buy yours from that site? Are they trustworthy?

Also, question, will these work for situations like in the car, and taking on vacations and using them unamped w/ an iPod touch or laptop?

Apr 7, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #13 of 29

Quote:
Did you buy yours from that site? Are they trustworthy?

Also, question, will these work for situations like in the car, and taking on vacations and using them unamped w/ an iPod touch or laptop?

J & R has been around for a very long time.  I have done much on line business with them.  Recommended.

The D2000 are a very efficient 25 ohms, so they should work--provided you don't mind their size and the long, thick cord.  I don't use them as a portable can--so can not tell you from personal experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back