Looking for some headphones
May 28, 2013 at 7:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

randomguy123456

New Head-Fier
I recently bought the sp2500 speaker system from corsair, and when going from them to my headphones (Monoprice 8323), they feel lacking. So now I'm looking for a new pair. I will be using an iPod Video with line out and a pa2v2 portable amp, and sometimes a Hifiman Express DAC amped through my sp2500.

What I want:

Solid, extended bass that won't overtake the rest of my music
For them to work well with Rock, Metal, Dubstep, and possibly piano
A removable cable ( my cat can chew through an ipod charger in 5 seconds)
To be comfy for about 3 hours at a time
To be semi-portable. They don't need to be small exactly, but they should fold up for travel.
To be no more than $120 used.
They need a closed design so they won't leak sound.

So far I'm interested in the ath-pro700mk2, but I hear they're lacking in confort, and many people end up buying the m50 earpads which don't even fit that well and have to be glued on. Also the headband is plastic, though reinforced with metal, so that it cannot be stretched to fit a larger head like mine well, which it would have to be because of the strong clamping force.

Thank you for any help, this is my first post here although I've been reading alot of posts on this site.

-Bryan

May 30, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #4 of 4
Check out the V-MODA Crossfade LP. It's probably the best you're going to do in that price range. Though don't expect a significant improvement over what you have. It's really hard to compete with that speaker system and stay within your budget. If you don't have an amp or a DAC that it would be wise to consider purchasing a combo unit if you want to hear a significant improvement in your sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back