Looking for SennHD600/HD650 bipin plug
Feb 18, 2007 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kg4icn

100+ Head-Fier
I am wanting to make multiple headphone cables for my Sennheiser HD-600 to test different types of wire. I have seen solder type connectors that plug right into the earphones. They were on the internet (I know, big help...) and looked similar to the ones used by headphile. I have searched the forums and google is getting tired of seeing me.

Does anyone know were I can buy some? They do not need to be that exact model. I know I can buy the Sennheiser factory cables and cut the wire or plug insulation itself- I was hoping to avoid this if possible.
eggosmile.gif

Feb 19, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #2 of 7
As far as I know solder-type connectors for the Sennheiser HD580/6X0 headphones don't exist. Your only option is to cut the connectors off of a factory cable or make your own. The only company that I've heard talk about making DIY Senn connectors is Cardas and as yet they haven't put them into production.

Hope that helps,

Nate

Feb 19, 2007 at 11:42 AM Post #5 of 7
Thanks for all the help! I have two of the cables from Sennheiser being shipped to me. I also ordered some new tips for my hotweezers to cut back some of the tip. I already have the rest of the cable built I want to use- one has silver wire, the other is made of a heavy gauge but flexable microphone cable.

600smile.gif
just wanting to see how different the sounds are gonna be!

Feb 20, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #6 of 7
I ended up heating an X-acto knife with a lighter and using the hot knife to cut the plastic bipin plug off the Sennheiser factory cable. I used 18 awg copper wire with multi-sized strands. This is a very fexible heavy gauge microphone cable. I can hear lots more treble in the Sennheiser HD600 headphones. I almost like the sound of the factory cable better.
basshead.gif

hd600cable.jpg

Feb 21, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #7 of 7
I used this cable throughout the entire day now and am ready to go back to the factory cable. It adds too much treble and emphasizes the hiss in recordings. I also noticed the Ultrasound demo no longer sounds realistic. I am using my laptop for a source and LittleDotII++ with stock tubes.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back