Looking for replacement tips and cable for SE215
Jun 29, 2013 at 10:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

queuewindow

New Head-Fier
Just bought my second pair of SE215s and while I like the sound of these, the cable and tips have always been a problem for me. The cable is about half a meter too long for front pocket wear, thick and cumbersome, and the memory wire just keeps me from getting a good fit with them. As for the tips, my ear canals seem to be of an awkward size where the medium foam tips are too small to isolate well and the large ones get uncomfortable after a few minutes of wear. I don't like the sound of rubber tips so those aren't an option for me. Any recommendations for a shorter and thinner cable and alternative tips?

Jul 1, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #5 of 11
For cable, you can also try the UE900 replacement cable that can be bought from UE website.
Tip wise, I used Comply before for my Se215Ltd but it really rolled of the treble. Now I'm using Westone star tips

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #6 of 11
How long is the UE cable? I read somewhere that it's as long as the stock Shure cable (1.6m) which would be too long for me. Are you saying it's actually shorter than that?

Also, about the Comply tips: I have used them before but their falling apart quickly makes replacing them a hassle. I guess I'm asking if there are any foam tips as durable as the stock Shure ones but in different shapes/sizes.

Would you guys tell me why the star tips are any better than other silicone tips though?

Jul 1, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
How long is the UE cable? I read somewhere that it's as long as the stock Shure cable (1.6m) which would be too long for me. Are you saying it's actually shorter than that?

Also, about the Comply tips: I have used them before but their falling apart quickly makes replacing them a hassle. I guess I'm asking if there are any foam tips as durable as the stock Shure ones but in different shapes/sizes.

Would you guys tell me why the star tips are any better than other silicone tips though?

Should be 1.2m length (48")
http://ue.logitech.com/en-us/earphones/ue900#tab-specs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back