Looking for Portable Amp
Jul 4, 2016 at 5:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

34Murder

New Head-Fier
Hi to everyone,

I want to step to next level in my hi-fi combination. I looking for portable amp. I have Fiio X5 II and Lear LUF-4 flat version as IEM. I want to achieve funnier sound or brighten sound. 

My price ceiling is 250€. For each advice I will be grateful. 

Jul 4, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #2 of 10
You might not get what you are looking for. The Fiio X5 is a fairly accurate, transparent DAC/amp. Any differences from another amp would be minor. If you are really looking for a different sound, then different IEMs are the way to go, not expecting an amp to make a lot of difference.

Jul 4, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #3 of 10
Thanks for reply. Ok, I understand, so I try to ask otherwise. Does it make sense to buy amp to the X5 II? I want to clearer sound or maybe better soundstage. Basically, I want improve sound generally. 

Jul 4, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #4 of 10
  Thanks for reply. Ok, I understand, so I try to ask otherwise. Does it make sense to buy amp to the X5 II? I want to clearer sound or maybe better soundstage. Basically, I want improve sound generally. 

I don't think a amp at the price you want to spend will help out too much. I would take that money and sell the X5 and buy a QP1R it will give you the soumd your looking for. You might be able to find a used one a bit cheaper but they go pretty fast. The other option for a amp isn't out yet and a bit over budget but the Cavalli Liquid Spark is a great amp for the price. 

Jul 4, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #5 of 10
Get a good cable.

Jul 4, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #6 of 10
  I don't think a amp at the price you want to spend will help out too much. I would take that money and sell the X5 and buy a QP1R it will give you the soumd your looking for. You might be able to find a used one a bit cheaper but they go pretty fast. The other option for a amp isn't out yet and a bit over budget but the Cavalli Liquid Spark is a great amp for the price. 

Thanks for your advice. So, the QP1R has a better sound or more funnier sound than X5 II, right? I think, this is better choice for me, because I will have one device instead two and it will be more portable and comfortable. 

Jul 4, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #7 of 10
  Thanks for your advice. So, the QP1R has a better sound or more funnier sound than X5 II, right? I think, this is better choice for me, because I will have one device instead two and it will be more portable and comfortable. 

It is one of the best sounding DAP's at any price IMHO. I haven't heard them all but a bunch of them and some at 4x the cost. It can run almost any fullsize headphones and 3 gain settings to adjust to IEM's or sensitive headphones. It would be a good choice and you will notice the sound difference for sure it was night and day from my X-1 with a E-12 mont blanc. 

Jul 4, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #8 of 10
  It is one of the best sounding DAP's at any price IMHO. I haven't heard them all but a bunch of them and some at 4x the cost. It can run almost any fullsize headphones and 3 gain settings to adjust to IEM's or sensitive headphones. It would be a good choice and you will notice the sound difference for sure it was night and day from my X-1 with a E-12 mont blanc. 

Great! My choice is very clear now. I try to buy some used one. Many thanks. 

Jul 4, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #9 of 10
Great! My choice is very clear now. I try to buy some used one. Many thanks. 
You will not be disappointed pretty sure about that.

Aug 6, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #10 of 10
In selling a Vorzuge Duo portablea amp. Brand new never been charged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back