Looking for planar driver manufacturers!
Mar 10, 2023 at 10:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

emilasty

New Head-Fier
Hi, I've been looking into entering the headphone production world and Im looking for a manufacturing company producing planar magnetic headphone drivers (custom design or pre-existing) which I can use in my project!
Looking to produce Openback planar magnetic headphones with the best price to performance I can achieve, hoping to hit around £300-400 region, but I am unable to find anything.

Mar 10, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #2 of 4
Almost all of the headphone mfrs currently making planar headphones started out by purchasing Fostex T50RP headphones, stripping out the drivers, then putting them into a headphone construction that they made on their own.

They probably purchase the drivers directly now from Fostex or make their own. With many things like that, however, you probably have to purchase in the hundreds to interest the mfr in selling you any.

Mar 10, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #3 of 4
Hi, I've been looking into entering the headphone production world and Im looking for a manufacturing company producing planar magnetic headphone drivers (custom design or pre-existing) which I can use in my project!
Looking to produce Openback planar magnetic headphones with the best price to performance I can achieve, hoping to hit around £300-400 region, but I am unable to find anything.
That's interesting, I would be interested in buying the drivers in bulk btw
The main problem being I don't want to purchase full headphones just to convert them into e-waste and use the drivers, you said I may be able to buy their drivers directly.
do you think they would be a suitable driver for a headphone of this price range?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back