Looking for passive speakers. Something with a high mid emphasis and sparkle. $100 or less.
Oct 8, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #16 of 22
I have a ton of speaker wire since i've gone through my life usually using passive speakers.

I'll probably be picking these up in December, unless someone has a better alternative. ^_^

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #17 of 22
They might be gone in December. There's a new version out of that Pioneer speaker series (Best Buy carries them). Might be why Newegg is able to offer such good prices. Could be closing stock. 

Before you buy in December, check again. There might be something different that is the best deal. 
smile.gif

Oct 8, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:
Quote:
Nope. Those are not female RCA plugins. Those are standard speaker connection posts that allow bare wire connection or plugin of banana connectors. Most speakers use those these days, except for the very cheap ones that have the spring clip connections. Go look at other more expensive passive speakers, and you'll see the same thing. 

+1

Quote:
Quote:

I don't know whether they have the characteristics you want, but the Pioneer SP-BS41 ($65 off w/ promo code EMCJNNE72) are considered some of the best sounding speakers for the price.

+1

WUT?  cel and obobs are agreeing on stuff now?  Must be the impending apocalypse... or the magic of the avatars.

Oct 8, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

WUT?  cel and obobs are agreeing on stuff now?  Must be the impending apocalypse... or the magic of the avatars.

Did you notice I flipped the image so that if you replied to me, or I to you, it would like two Scotty's turned talking to each other?
smile.gif

. . . which is another bizarre effect on these forums newbies most be experiencing at the moment, thanks to the avatars. (lol)

Oct 8, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:
Did you notice I flipped the image so that if you replied to me, or I to you, it would like two Scotty's turned talking to each other?
smile.gif

Yup, though I honestly expected you and obobs to be in disagreement. 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
 . . . which is another bizarre effect on these forums newbies most be experiencing at the moment, thanks to the avatars. (lol)

There's a fine line between genius and madness.  I'm still trying to figure out which side of that line this whole avatar thing falls on.

Oct 8, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #21 of 22
Brain exploded 
Quote:

Yup, though I honestly expected you and obobs to be in disagreement. 
biggrin.gif

There's a fine line between genius and madness.  I'm still trying to figure out which side of that line this whole avatar thing falls on.

Quote:

smile.gif

Oct 9, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #22 of 22
I've never seen that comparison, but it's definitely an apt one. Equally disgusting. 

Aside: My Brother HL-3070CW has a built in toner out feature. When it has estimated the toner is out (and it doesn't actually measure it), it won't let the printer print any more. I had to find the override codes online to turn that off. Another printer industry business practice rip off. 

:angry_face:

They might be gone in December. There's a new version out of that Pioneer speaker series (Best Buy carries them). Might be why Newegg is able to offer such good prices. Could be closing stock. 

Before you buy in December, check again. There might be something different that is the best deal. :smile:

+1. Deals don't stay around forever.

Did you notice I flipped the image so that if you replied to me, or I to you, it would like two Scotty's turned talking to each other?:smile:

Yup, though I honestly expected you and obobs to be in disagreement.  :D

Brain exploded 

I lol'd at all of the above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back