Looking for opinions on the Grace M902
Jun 19, 2010 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

shane1

New Head-Fier
Currently my main set up is a woo WA6, PS Audio III DAC.  My headphones are GS-1000, HD600, Ultrasone ED8.  How does the Grace compare to my current set up and would it be a worthwhile set up for the bedroom?

Thanks,

shane

Jun 22, 2010 at 10:41 AM Post #3 of 17
I don't have your amp and dac though.
All I can say is that Grace m902 is a perfect fit with GS-1000, which is my main setup now.
I audited different phones with my m902.
K702, ED8 and T1 sounds great on m902, but I have doubt when pairing with HD800.

Quote:
Currently my main set up is a woo WA6, PS Audio III DAC.  My headphones are GS-1000, HD600, Ultrasone ED8.  How does the Grace compare to my current set up and would it be a worthwhile set up for the bedroom?

Thanks,

shane

Jun 23, 2010 at 4:45 AM Post #6 of 17
I agree with stokitw and freakmax. The GS1K and m902 are a match made in heaven.

I also agree with you that the HD800 and m902 don't match up as well.

Jun 23, 2010 at 5:04 AM Post #7 of 17
I had the DLIII and Woo Audio 6 SE before. As a dac, I don't find that much difference between the DLIII and the m902 to be honest. Maybe a slightly different flavor, but they are pretty much on the same level. m902 drives HD600 no problem and quite nicely, in fact I hear that it was designed with HP2/HD600 in mind. I think it would be worthwhile for a bedroom setup. It's a simple, straight forward, no fuss dac/amp. I still enjoy mine, it's one of those gears that gives me a sense of pride of ownership. 

Jun 23, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #8 of 17

Quote:
I had the DLIII and Woo Audio 6 SE before. As a dac, I don't find that much difference between the DLIII and the m902 to be honest. Maybe a slightly different flavor, but they are pretty much on the same level. m902 drives HD600 no problem and quite nicely, in fact I hear that it was designed with HP2/HD600 in mind. I think it would be worthwhile for a bedroom setup. It's a simple, straight forward, no fuss dac/amp. I still enjoy mine, it's one of those gears that gives me a sense of pride of ownership. 

I have to admit that I haven't really tested the DAC-only feature of the m902.

I'm curious -- do you have the m902B with the XLR outs replacing the RCAs? If I understand the upgrade correctly, this will allow me to use the m902 as a balanced DAC.

Good point re "pride of ownership." In terms of design, look 'n' feel, performance, the m902 is an engineering marvel. I'm always surprised by the weight of the unit. It's rock solid and heavy.

Jun 23, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #9 of 17

Quote:
I'm curious -- do you have the m902B with the XLR outs replacing the RCAs? If I understand the upgrade correctly, this will allow me to use the m902 as a balanced DAC.

No I have the regular unbalanced outs. That is correct, you'll get "fully balanced line outputs". 

Mar 17, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #14 of 17
Just got the M902b and then bought the Denon 2ks. Have to say, not too impressed after 50 hours of burn in.
I read someone say Bloated lows and recessed mids and have to agree. Liking M50's even more and may return the 2ks.

Curious about others opinions on the M902b and good headphone matches.
Considering HD 600's.  I should say, the purpose studio ref. So true as possible is the goal

Appreciate any thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back