looking for on-ear headphones
Apr 28, 2015 at 12:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Wolfskie

Head-Fier
Hello!

A friend of mine is looking for a new pair of on-ear closed headphones, he listens to mostly rock, jazz and some classical.
he now has a pair of akg k619 but they're broken and unfortunately he can't find the receipt for them.
What he looking for is a headphone that will be as good or better than the akg for under $100, he's traveling to the US in a couple of weeks so he'll be buying them there. he's also ok with getting another pair of k619 if he can find one.
I've looked at B&H and from what i saw i think the sennheiser momentum on-ear might be a good choice.

I'd love to read more thoughts and opinions, as well as places/shops to look at. he's going to mostly be in the Manhattan area of New York.

tl;dr : on-ear headphones for rock, jazz and classical, as good or better than akg k619 for under $100.

Thanks.

Apr 28, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #2 of 5
A few I can think of:-

Noontec Zoro II HD
Sennheiser Momentum on ear (As you stated)
V Moda Crossfade M80 

The K619 is approximately half his budget on Amazon (if he doesn't mind blue ones)

Apr 28, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #4 of 5
thanks for the recommendations!
i didn't even think of looking at amazon, how silly!
how is the build quality on the CAL! and the zoro? since the akg broke after only a few months i think maybe he should get better built headphones, though ultimately the choice lies with him.

Apr 28, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #5 of 5
The CAL! is lightly built and not designed for any type of rough use.  The sound signa
  thanks for the recommendations!
i didn't even think of looking at amazon, how silly!
how is the build quality on the CAL! and the zoro? since the akg broke after only a few months i think maybe he should get better built headphones, though ultimately the choice lies with him.

The CAL! is lightly built and not designed for any type of rough use.  The sound signatures are very different.

Take a look at the KRK KNS 8400 and (if the 8400 is out of budget) 6400.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back