Looking for non-grado rock can
Dec 28, 2004 at 6:55 AM Post #17 of 18
Dreamtheater and prog rock sounds incredible on DT770-80. Havent even broke them in yet, sub-bass should round out nicely after break-in. Kick drum transients are huge fast and massive, but they dont smother everything else. Bass guitar lines are resonant and clear. Mid / trebble balance is just about right too. They sound very good at both high and low volumes too.

Take this with a grain of salt, I recently upgraded from MDRV6 which have all kinds of resonant peaks in their spectrum. I dont have much to compare them with. They're by far my best cans. Id like to A/B them with comarable AKGs some day...

Garrett

Dec 28, 2004 at 7:47 AM Post #18 of 18
K271s have nice impact and a upfront soundstage so they're great with rock. Actually, they're my favorite headphones in the $100-$200 range. But if you don't mind spending a little more give the HD595s a shot--they have the detail and balance of the other highend Sennheiser phones but without the thick sound. I like them as much as my HD600s (regardless of what cable used), perhaps even more--they're certainly more versatile and seem to fit all music well. Some love them to death (look at how Headroom raves about them), others don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back