looking for new IEM (upgrade from cx300)
Dec 12, 2007 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

davieb

New Head-Fier
looking for some help buying a new set of IEMs. As the title says the only experience i have had are the cx300. im looking for something with a decent amount of bass but not overpowering or muddy. mainly listen to rock music such as maiden, the who ETC. thinking about ety ER-6i or UE super-fi 3 but obviously open to other suggestions, budget around £50, £60. thx for any help.

Dec 12, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #2 of 16
I upgraded to the MylarOne X3 and was quite happy. You should consider the MylarOne X3i.
smily_headphones1.gif
They’re also about half the money you wanted to pay but a very, very good choice!
The true problem they have is build quality. But you get replacement pairs if your X3i break.

Dec 12, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #3 of 16
seen them mentioned quite alot on here, not sure were to get them from tho. none of the main dealers Amazon etc seem to stock them in the UK

Dec 13, 2007 at 7:01 AM Post #4 of 16
i have the UE Super.Fi 5 Pros and i listen to rock music as well and if the Super.Fi 3's are anything like the 5's you will be very happy with them for rock music. My vote goes to the UE's.

Dec 13, 2007 at 8:08 AM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by davieb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
seen them mentioned quite alot on here, not sure were to get them from tho. none of the main dealers Amazon etc seem to stock them in the UK

All MylarOne can be found at Jaben.net, our HF sponsor.

Dec 13, 2007 at 10:40 AM Post #8 of 16
i listen to rock (ranges from punk, pop, metal, to classical) with variations w/ jazz, classic, R&B, hiphop.. almost everything, and i just ordered a pair of SF5 pros.

i will be getting them once i get back home from school, so im eagerly awaiting that day. if you still have questions, i will happily tell you about my first impressions once i try em out.

and ive heard quite a bit about mods such as earbuds, switching cables etc... will try those out as well.

Dec 13, 2007 at 5:30 PM Post #9 of 16
I vote Super.Fi 5 Pros if you can afford it. They have a great sound with Rock music. I listen to Pink Floyd, Nickelback, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, My Chemical Romance, stuff like that. They sound great with that genre, and also with others as well.

I prefer the sound of these to the shure E5c's i owned. The soundstage on them isn't bad either for an IEM.

Dec 13, 2007 at 5:44 PM Post #10 of 16
Denon AH-C700s are perfect for rock, which is mainly what I listen to. Awesome bass, and forward mids combine for a wicked musical experience.

Dec 13, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #12 of 16
I have the Crossroads MylarOne X3, X3i, Ultimate Ears Metro.fi 2, Super.fi 5 EB. I would suggest either the X3i or the Metro.fi 2. The midrange on the Super.fi 5 EB seems muddy, so go Pro if you choose these. I can't comment on the Super.fi 3, but a lot of people say that they are a huge step down from the 5 Pro.

Dec 14, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by davieb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thx for the help, decided to go with the super fi.3 to go along with my new sony A818

Good choice if you want a value IEM. I have the super.fi 3 Studio and it has a nice, balanced sound. If you want more bass you'll have to go with the super.fi 5 Pro, but that model costs at least twice the price of the super.fi 3 Studio.

Dec 14, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #15 of 16
I'm sure you will be very happy with the Super.Fi 3's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back