Looking for new iem, first priority is isolation, second is bass
Dec 2, 2011 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Rufus_Truthfist

Head-Fier
I'm looking for something with great isolation and bass. I listen to rock and hip hop mostly. My budget is around 50$, I already have the meleec m11+ and they are pretty good, I just want to see if there is something better.

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #2 of 8
The isolation on Sony EX310 is above average and bass is deep and punchy(overall crisp, clear and detailed) with fairly wide soundstage. Brainwavz M4 are detailed and has extended highs and deep punchy bass with good isolation. JVC FX1 has some deep rich bass and it isolate well.

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #3 of 8
Sennheiser CX300 has good bass but I don't know about isolation

Refurbished Monster Turbine for $50 (direct from Monster website) has good isolation and bass

So does Klipsch Image S4 (new for $55, I think). A perennial favorite, but starting to show it's age.

Dec 4, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #5 of 8
Etys have top isolation in universals imho, but no bass lol.

Dec 4, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #7 of 8
Xears TD III Blackwood have the most bass out of the other iems i own ( TF10, Monster Copper, Westone2 ) and more than the Atrio m5 i used to own, they isolate very well since they don't have a vent ( you will experience driver flex tho ). I believe the coupon code still works: klangfuzzi or something like that which would bring them under your budget, take a look at the xears appreciation thread as there are other models with even more bass. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back