Looking for new headphones
Oct 31, 2020 at 11:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Schmackofatz

New Head-Fier
Hello!

I'm currently in possession of the Fidelio X2HR and I have the Audeze LCD-1 with me for testing. What I know is that due to the low impedance I don't need a really strong amplifier in that range. But I have a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 here. I want to buy new headphones soon to finally achieve the "sound orgasm".

I have already picked out some headphones:

Audeze LCD-2 (there are several models, which one?)
Audeze LCD-X
Focal Elear
Sennheiser HD-800 (S?)
AKG K812
Mr. Speakers Ether 2
Beyerdynamic T1
Hifiman Edition X v2
Hifiman HE500

I don't care if I pay 2-300 € more, but the headphones are much better.
My genre is 75% House, Techno, Minimal,... 15% (oldschool) Hip-Hop, 5% classical music and 5% jazz.

Since I'm a hobby DJ and always looking for new tracks for the club, I always like to imagine how the song would go down in the club.

So I am grateful for every tip/recommendation, those of the above mentioned or even which others?

Gladly also with recommendation of a new amplifier to get the best out of the KH.

Many thanks & cheers
Schmackofatz

Nov 1, 2020 at 7:27 AM Post #2 of 4
Your list covers a pretty wide range of headphones types and sound signatures. I don't listen to the same music as you so I don't know exactly what to recommend.

LCD-2C (classic, not closed) is a great headphone for the money and is not hard to drive.

Nov 1, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #3 of 4
Your list covers a pretty wide range of headphones types and sound signatures. I don't listen to the same music as you so I don't know exactly what to recommend.

LCD-2C (classic, not closed) is a great headphone for the money and is not hard to drive.

LCD-2C was often recommended in this forum. will try these for sure, thanks! but they will not work perfectly with a scarlett 8i6, or?
a friend of me recommended me also few amps like apogee (fe model "Duet"), universal audio, or antelope.....

Nov 1, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #4 of 4
LCD-2C was often recommended in this forum. will try these for sure, thanks! but they will not work perfectly with a scarlett 8i6, or?
a friend of me recommended me also few amps like apogee (fe model "Duet"), universal audio, or antelope.....
I don't have an audio interface here to try. I guess they won't sound terrible but will not be at their best. A middle of the road headamp should be good enough.
Also, if you want to spend the money, the RME DAC is superb and also drives the LCD-2C really well.

Since you are in Austria, check Thomann.de for Violectric or Lake People amps, very good pro audio gear.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back