Looking for new headphones
Jul 3, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #61 of 86
  Terrible analogy.  People that spend $500 on a watch are probably buying a mechanical one, not something with a quartz crystal and pcb that cost less than 30 cents to manufacture and know it's made of quality materials.  It's something that won't have its headband snap in half once a month *cough cough beats cough cough*  

By that logic you should buy some beats knock offs for $50, no one will ever know the difference.  You don't care about sq right?

OP has to be troll at this point.

I KNOW.
I actually had to delete my previous post since I might get the flag by Wong's Curry again. This guy has to be a troll. Flagged his posts already.

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #62 of 86
I'm paying $130 for the beats mixr's and it would be $200+ for the yamaha pro 509's which, by the way, are terribly uncomfortable

130 For the MIXR's?
Mind sending me some pics? There's a huge chance these might be fake.
I used to be a Beats fanboy and can easily tell the difference between real and fake.

Also, you might've not gotten the best quality for your buck, but don't lose sleep over it.
A lot of people here take things way too serious compared to the average consumer. It's still your wallet, your choices. Just know that you could've had better quality for the money, and I can assure you that you would've heard the difference easily.

I used to be like you, and that's not a bad thing. The headphone that converted me were the Hifiman HE-300's, but you shouldn't look at these as they are openback and over-ear.

A great tip for the MIXR's, let them rest on a watermelon for a night. It will help a lot with the clamping force, which will improve your comfort :).
Have a great time listening to your new 'phones!

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #63 of 86
Do you guys notice that much of a difference between FLAC and 320? I know there is a slight difference but is it worth the extra storage space required? Also do you know of a site where I can get music cheap or free?

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #64 of 86
Do you guys notice that much of a difference between FLAC and 320? I know there is a slight difference but is it worth the extra storage space required? Also do you know of a site where I can get music cheap or free?

It definatly is not worth the extra storage space with a Beats MIXR.
I myself, have the Beats pro detox, and I can't notice the difference between 112kbps and FLAC with it. Even when hooked up with a FiiO E11 amp.

Just download your music of youtube, it's what I used to do and it worked perfectly :). Just don't pick the crappy ones.

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #65 of 86

For the equipment you're running music through, no there is absolutely no difference.  I'd say 256kbps aac would be more than enough too (if you're limited on space for mobile use) 

Music for cheap or free?  I'm not about to recommend torrents.  I would never tell someone to use sites like the pirate bay or kickass torrents to download lossless rips.

Band camp is awesome, lots of great stuff there and they offer it in a million formats.  Used CDs on amazon/ebay are also great friends of mine.

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #66 of 86

Yes, most of us do notice the difference, and, yes, some of us do go for 320 when we don't have enough space, but hey, if you're a music lover, why not go all the way? Besides, most of us with a proper music collection usually allocate upwards of 150GBs for their music.

But sites where you get cheap music for free? Okay, you're now barking up the wrong tree, my friend. If you're looking for free music, you're looking for trouble (unless you're looking for some of the free 320 kbps downloads from artists at SoundCloud, which is perfectly fine if you ask me). But if you're looking for free music, then you should get out of here, because that topic isn't very popular around here.

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #68 of 86
  what format are you talking for 112kbps?  I know some PoS headphones have FR that drops at like 14kHz but still.

MP3 112kbps I think.
I tried the philips goldenear test and couldn't get past the bitrate test, I was stuck at 112kbps.

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #69 of 86
  MP3 112kbps I think.
I tried the philips goldenear test and couldn't get past the bitrate test, I was stuck at 112kbps.

I can't tell the difference between FLAC and 320kbps with foobar abx back when I had HD600s and a fiio amp, I haven't tried it since upgrading but 112kbps = nothing over 15kHz iirc that's pretty substantial.

I think I got through most of bronze in that golden ears thing, it got really boring and repetitive, most of the tests were obvious.

Jul 3, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #72 of 86
You guys are delusional, if I wanted to troll you I would have made an argument that beats are the best headphones out there for quality and style

Nah, that woudl be too obvious. You are a definite troll, if not a total n00b. Making n00b analogies between Beats and luxury watches? Saying you "research everything" yet know nothing/ Clearly you're either a troll or a n00b who really has no idea what he's talking about.

Jul 3, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #74 of 86
Guys, cut the man some slack.
Troll or not, lets stay mature and try to actually help him.

Jul 3, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #75 of 86
  Guys, cut the man some slack.
Troll or not, lets stay mature and try to actually help him.

Well, we did, until he started refusing all our suggestions by saying that the M100 and ATH-M50s are ugly and that "he wouldn't wear them in public." That was when I realized he was just another Beats hipster.

So f'k trying to help him, he could probably just help himself if he wasn't so lazy anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back