Looking for new headphone for movies/songs
Aug 16, 2013 at 10:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

yankolisky

New Head-Fier
Hello,
Looking for headphone - Closed, Over ear, Dont leak sound, Good bass but not much, Smooth on medium volume and to lil bit high.
i will use it for my computer/pc , i would like it work good on my iphone , maybe i can use it on TV ?to watch movie,
i have Monster Tubrine Copper Pro , I Love it and how warm/smooth sound on Medium Volume  feel like im inside them,
also i like the bass in it and isolation on MTCP

I want same or better Circum-aural headphone with similar signature to the Monster Turbine Copper Pro my budget i can pay untill 400$

Note: MTCP is very sharp on high volume ,i hope i can find closed that smooth in high volume as medium volume in MTCP

Lists i found
beyerdynamic DT770  pro/m
mad dog

dont know if there is other im not good in headphones so i just try to read here and there

hope you can help me

Aug 16, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #2 of 14
Well from your list so far, i personally don't think the m-50 are very good, and again imo the DT770 beat the Custom one, and the Mad Dogs beat the DT770. So simple answer for me is the Mad Dogs by a long margin. But there are a lot more contenders than just those but for an all round audio expierience i don't think the Mad Dogs can be beaten for their price IMO.

Aug 16, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #3 of 14
Sorry double post

Aug 17, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #4 of 14
etysmile.gif
pump

Aug 17, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #5 of 14
Well from your list so far, i personally don't think the m-50 are very good, and again imo the DT770 beat the Custom one, and the Mad Dogs beat the DT770. So simple answer for me is the Mad Dogs by a long margin. But there are a lot more contenders than just those but for an all round audio expierience i don't think the Mad Dogs can be beaten for their price IMO.

+1! He knows what his talking :)

Billson :)

Aug 18, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #8 of 14
hmm im reading about v moda m100 and t70  and dt770 80ohm 
as people said dt770 80ohm much bass but dont know how much is much
v moda m100 seems fine to me
t70 seems good too but need to spend more money  amp for example to have it good

Aug 18, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:
hmm I'm reading about v moda m100 and t70  and dt770 80ohm 
as people said dt770 80ohm much bass but don't know how much is much
v moda m100 seems fine to me
t70 seems good too but need to spend more money  amp for example to have it good

Audio Technica ATH-A900X closed headphones, sells for under $200.
As the A900Xs are only 40-ohm, will work plugged into anything.

Aug 18, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:
Audio Technica ATH-A900X closed headphones, sells for under $200.
As the A900Xs are only 40-ohm, will work plugged into anything.

Indeed, I bought one for $93 on eBay and it was USED. That being said I'll be selling mine once I review them [I need a refund for them as my k550 are excellent and the Ath a900x is uneeded] That being said I need the money I put into them asap since I'm kinda broke atm lol, but Sadly I'll have to pay for the shipping hence I'll sell them with a Slight Bump! 

Aug 18, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:
Audio Technica ATH-A900X good bass ? and sound lil warm?

Yes, that sound like the Ath House Sound, A lil warm it should be, the bass I'll have to hear for my self [in about 2 days] to  get an idea of exactly how it is. It compares to the k550s sound while being funner, so the bass should be on par with the Mad Dog, which was deep and laid back, not so much loose. But very Full bodied with a little weight. Where as the K550 is VERY Deep and tight. wonderful impact on it's bass, but a little shy on body. 

Aug 18, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:
Audio Technica ATH-A900X good bass ? and sound lil warm?

My A900X headphones are my preferred closed headphone for music audio (movies sound good too).
I think the A900X's bass is just the right amount, for me.

Aug 18, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:
My A900X headphones are my preferred closed headphone for music audio (movies sound good too).
I think the A900X's bass is just the right amount, for me.

Yeap that's what I hear. Good bass but not over whelming. In addition it has less bass than the w1000x, which means that unlike the stock w1000x, that bass should just right [although my w1000x is modded, so I don't have that issue <3]

Still everything sounds Positive about it! I'm egar to hear how it sounds in about two days :D and I look forward getting a chance to sell them to anther Head Fi'r as I got a seriously good deal on them <3 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back