Looking for new Earphones/In-Ear Moniters- comparing Shure SE215 and UE 600
Apr 13, 2013 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

IanS93

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to buy some new in-ears for around $100, or less.  I bought the Klipsch S4i, and I like the sound, but they hurt my ears. I also don't like the control/mic placement on the chord (I also don't care for it). So I will probably return them.

I'm looking for someone to tell me about the Shure SE215 (or SE215LTD) and UE 600 for me. If you can compare them or compare against the Klipsch S4 for me that'd be great! Thanks whoever can help, you will get a cookie :wink: If there are any others let me know your opinion.

Some of the musicians I listen to are: John Mayer, Mark Knopfler, Michael Buble, Jimi Hendrix... I generally listen to many Kinds of Music, quality of mids and highs are important, I would like my bass to be more pronounced and articulate/punchy, rather than just "boomy".

Apr 15, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
I'm looking to buy some new in-ears for around $100, or less.  I bought the Klipsch S4i, and I like the sound, but they hurt my ears. I also don't like the control/mic placement on the chord (I also don't care for it). So I will probably return them.

I'm looking for someone to tell me about the Shure SE215 (or SE215LTD) and UE 600 for me. If you can compare them or compare against the Klipsch S4 for me that'd be great! Thanks whoever can help, you will get a cookie :wink: If there are any others let me know your opinion.

Some of the musicians I listen to are: John Mayer, Mark Knopfler, Michael Buble, Jimi Hendrix... I generally listen to many Kinds of Music, quality of mids and highs are important, I would like my bass to be more pronounced and articulate/punchy, rather than just "boomy".

First off - http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-278-iems-compared-astrotec-am-800-dx-60-added-03-31-13-p-659#post_6492044

SE215 vs S4i -  Bass is similar in quantity, a lot more texture/detailing on the Shures, and better control overall. Mids are thicker in note but a bit pulled back, though nowhere to the extent of the S4. Treble is smooth and rolls off a bit. Nowhere near the messy, peaky and sibilant disaster that is the S4.

UE600 vs S4i - Bass is much less excessive, much more punchy and controlled. Mids are very much forward and clear, far beyond what the S4 can achieve, although note thickness and transients are similar. Treble would be similar to how the SE215 vs S4 went.

Anyways, around that budget, would continue looking at the UEs, but also the A161p for articulate bass, as well as the RE-400 (though a bit slower and more natural decay)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back