Looking for neutral sounding headphones
Oct 20, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #16 of 21
And I've finally purchased my KRK, now I only need to wait while wondering whether E6 could drive it or maybe I need the E11K :rolleyes:

I didn't feel that it needed an amp so try it first unamped. It's true that everything sounds better amped, but you don't want to carry extra gear with you on the go. I expect that mods, if necessary, will make a much greater difference here than amping.

Oct 20, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #17 of 21
I didn't feel that it needed an amp so try it first unamped. It's true that everything sounds better amped, but you don't want to carry extra gear with you on the go. I expect that mods, if necessary, will make a much greater difference here than amping.

Wait till it arrives for the mod 
biggrin.gif

Btw I don't mind carrying extra gear with me, as I feel uncomfortable carrying only little things in my pockets.
I already read your post about not needing an amp, but I guess this is just my urge to buy new amp.

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #18 of 21
Btw I don't mind carrying extra gear with me, as I feel uncomfortable carrying only little things in my pockets.
I already read your post about not needing an amp, but I guess this is just my urge to buy new amp.

In that case, consider also saving up for the FiiO X3 DAP. That's a nice "extra gear" to carry in your pocket. Same amp/dac hardware as in the E17. :)

Oct 20, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #19 of 21
In that case, consider also saving up for the FiiO X3 DAP. That's a nice "extra gear" to carry in your pocket. Same amp/dac hardware as in the E17.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh my, 200€ here
probably will save up as soon I have free time for some part time job. 
biggrin.gif

For now I'll hold my E11K purchase to test it first whether the KRK will be good enough with E6 or not.

Oct 23, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #21 of 21
Oh my, 200€ here
probably will save up as soon I have free time for some part time job. :D
For now I'll hold my E11K purchase to test it first whether the KRK will be good enough with E6 or not.

Or try the X1. Which is only $100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back