Looking for Nano 6 and Sony MDR-XB700 portable amp
Jun 17, 2013 at 8:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DamixPL

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, im looking for a portable amp for my Ipod Nano 6 as i want to crank up the volume output. Most of the time I use it with my Sony MDR-XB700's while im on the move form college or sometimes during lessons. I've looked at the FiiO E6 but I'm really newbie in this field and haven't really got any idea how my headphones would perform with this amp. if you have any reccomendations please comment below :)

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Hey guys, im looking for a portable amp for my Ipod Nano 6 as i want to crank up the volume output. Most of the time I use it with my Sony MDR-XB700's while im on the move form college or sometimes during lessons. I've looked at the FiiO E6 but I'm really newbie in this field and haven't really got any idea how my headphones would perform with this amp. if you have any reccomendations please comment below :)

I've had the XB500's and owned the E5.

The XB500/XB700 series don't exactly need an amp. But I can see that you want more volume output. The iPod Nano should already be providing enough power to drive th XB700's loud. Any more and I wish you are careful of permanent hearing loss.

The E6's power however will slightly increase the 'volume' of the headphone. The maximum input of the XB700 should be higher than what the E6 can provide(maximum input is what the manufacturer says is the most the headphone can take before the headphone gets damaged. Not getting even near that number is smart). 

Teh bass boost may even help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back