looking for my first pair of "proper" headphones.
Apr 15, 2013 at 5:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

samiadinos

New Head-Fier
I'm new to the audiophile world. I've been looking into getting a good pair of headphones. I really like the v modas, but idk if they're right for me. I intend to wear my headphones for long periods of time. I don't like too much bass, it gives me a headache. I'd like then to be able to play the jay-z's watch the throne album, as well as play main stream indie, like Lana del ray. When it comes to the aesthetics, I just want to make sure they aren't obnoxiously large or weirdly shaped. I'd also prefer white with silver, gray, or black accents. I like wood accents as well. Please leave some recommendations down below. Thanks.:)

Apr 15, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #2 of 8
There are so many different headphones out there... Budget? Closed or open?

Apr 15, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #3 of 8
Id say the phiaton ms 300 just based on you need forgood looks. Goodness. They are like headphone supermodels. Bass wise they should be good for you. Theyre a touch on the bright side. Bass is incredily tactile. Perhaps a touch to much so for some. And il admit it can get a touch overshadowed at times. But overall a great headphone if you like a forward, broght, aggressive, but fairly balanced (not to be confused with neutral) signature.

Apr 16, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #8 of 8
over the ear will sacrifice a lot in the ways of looks in most cases. Um, in that range though i'd go for the shure srh 840.  It's a personal favorite of mine. Decently balanced, a touch of mid emphasis, a nice sound stage. Theyre easy to drive. As well as isolate well. though they are a touch large....heres my review

Users who are viewing this thread

Back