Looking for Mp3 player with great battery life...
Dec 9, 2009 at 1:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

TF2

Head-Fier
I am looking to get a new MP3 player and would like one with good battery life, the best I could find was the Cowon S9 with 55 hours of audio playback, but it was a little out of budget. Which (newer) MP3 player has the best battery life for around $100 or less?

Dec 9, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #2 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by TF2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am looking to get a new MP3 player and would like one with good battery life, the best I could find was the Cowon S9 with 55 hours of audio playback, but it was a little out of budget. Which (newer) MP3 player has the best battery life for around $100 or less?

The longest battery playing time player in the market is AMP3 which can play about 100 hours per charging. but the price is a bit higher
than your budget. with $ 159, you can get a decent DAP, a good AMP, and a pair of hifi earphone. it your budget is really limited, then the Clip will be your good option.

Dec 9, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #5 of 14
interesting...never heard of Teclast x19+ before

u could probably get the cowon d2 for around that price range too

Dec 9, 2009 at 11:53 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
top 3:
MobiBlu DAH-1900 153 hours
Panasonic D-Snap SV-SD870N 100 hours
Amp3 100hours

I really like that Panasonic one, but I can't find it on any website for sale...
frown.gif

Dec 9, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #11 of 14
Some of these look great...but I can't find any of them online for sale. The Amp3 is the only one I found but it's a little more than I would like to spend.

Dec 10, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #13 of 14
Anyone know where you can get the Zune 80gb for cheap? I saw they are only $130 for a refurbished one on Amazon but I have never ordered a refurbished product on Amazon so it's iffy...

Dec 10, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #14 of 14
the battery life on a Zune 80gb is nothing compared to some of the things afore mentioned, the longest ive had mine go was 29hours, with multiple sleep cycles and full power offs in between, not to mention i was listening to my music at a low level and my screen brightness was at low.
Aside from that, the Zune isn't to bad a player a very noob friendly UI, unlike the iPod.
I ran a search and found some Zune 30's for sale on eBay, for around $95. The 30 has aroudn the same playtime, though its a bit more chunky albeit, its much easier to mod then then the 80. The file types are a bit choicey for the Zune since Microsoft doesnt seem to want lossles formats on their players. The software is also a bit of a b**ch to deal with.

Here's a link to the 30's i mentioned : Zune 30gb Pink

Users who are viewing this thread

Back