looking for mid-tier earphones
Mar 11, 2011 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

smells fishy

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, i'm new to head-fi.
my friend is looking for earphones around $150-200, and she prefers those with strong bass. I'm guessing she wants earphones with warm and exciting sounds, so maybe dynamic speakers would be more suitable than BA?? 
Are monster turbines and the MTPG good suggestions as i know they offer good bass but their sounds are not as balanced. How about the super fi.5 EB (are they discontinued?) Any thoughts are the nu-force ne7m, klipsch s4, and the q-jays as well???

Feel free to provide any other suggestions! :)

Mar 12, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #5 of 9
for 150-200...you can get the turbine pro coppers used a lot of the time at the for sale forums.  I used to own them and they were great for hip-hop, rap and r&b.

Mar 12, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #6 of 9
Radius DDM W11 could be the best available option under 200 price range..
New Radius #2 is coming out any time soon now but no one has heard it yet and price is about 100$ more then the W11

Here is a link for Radius site for reference: http://www.radius.co.jp/Portals/0/twf21sp/

Mar 12, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #7 of 9
the ddm while nice....where just awkward....the size, shape, fit.... and the cord was really microphonic

Mar 12, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #8 of 9
I personally like the klipsch S4, I think they have a great benefit-cost ratio and has small eartips, which makes it good for girls.

I recently bought here in japan a d-jays in a sale for 6.000 yen (~US$73), I found then very good too, with a strong bass for a BA headphone. 

Mar 12, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #9 of 9
hmmm i think the MTPC are kinda out of budget, but thanks for the suggestion i've been looking into that as well, apparently they have the most neutral and balanced sound amongst the three turbines. i'll research into the radius DDM.....meanwhile anymore suggestions for good bass which present clear vocals and acoustics at the same time???

Thanks everyone!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back