Looking for low-cost over-ear headphones, mostly for electronic music & electric piano playing
Nov 7, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #16 of 38
Ok, I'll bet on you. Audio-Technica don't have replaceable cable, and connector is 90 degree, so it will be quick-death in my pocket. Logitech need batteries - no other words required
biggrin.gif

I've got a two questions on you. First, what do you think about the construction, headband exactly, of the HD439. One vendor said it's horrible because of too soft plastics. And last, how you felt when you heard that headphones for the first time?

Thank you once again guys, and sorry for being annoying with it. I'll try to test it by myself, but I think it wouldn't change anything.

Nov 8, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #17 of 38
  Ok, I'll bet on you. Audio-Technica don't have replaceable cable, and connector is 90 degree, so it will be quick-death in my pocket. Logitech need batteries - no other words required
biggrin.gif

I've got a two questions on you. First, what do you think about the construction, headband exactly, of the HD439. One vendor said it's horrible because of too soft plastics. And last, how you felt when you heard that headphones for the first time?

Thank you once again guys, and sorry for being annoying with it. I'll try to test it by myself, but I think it wouldn't change anything.

the Logitech can be used without batteries (and its a great headphone). The construction of the HD439 appears to be really really bad, but month after month i learned that the construction on the HD439 is Very Solid. I have no issues with the headband no cracks, nothing (Believe me when i said that this headphones took lot of abuse). When i heard the headphones for a first time i said "Where is the bass?" because my last pair of headphones were a Sennheiser Cx300. However now with a "trained ear" i can see that the HD439 have somewhat elevated bass (but not so much, in fact the boost is very minimal).However when I listened EDM or House I wanted more bass, I did the bass mod ( a really simple mod that can be done in all Hd4x9 series). The result? A very good sounding headphones (at least for me) for this genres. 

Cheers.

Nov 8, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #18 of 38
  the Logitech can be used without batteries (and its a great headphone). The construction of the HD439 appears to be really really bad, but month after month i learned that the construction on the HD439 is Very Solid. I have no issues with the headband no cracks, nothing (Believe me when i said that this headphones took lot of abuse). When i heard the headphones for a first time i said "Where is the bass?" because my last pair of headphones were a Sennheiser Cx300. However now with a "trained ear" i can see that the HD439 have somewhat elevated bass (but not so much, in fact the boost is very minimal).However when I listened EDM or House I wanted more bass, I did the bass mod ( a really simple mod that can be done in all Hd4x9 series). The result? A very good sounding headphones (at least for me) for this genres. 

Cheers.

Ok, I'm listening to EDM whole day, so this isn't the right choice as I can't do that bass mod because of warranty (I'm really bad lucker on those things, always got some kind of problem).

Now I'm confused a little bit more. There are so many choices that you gave me, but the right one still won't came. I can't buy that Logitech, can't find it in any shop here.

I don't know what to do next ... wait for some other suggestion?
I would like to see some bass ones with the parameters, maybe I'm just high-fed and got too much parametres.
Please be patient with me, I don't know anything special about headphones, that's why I'm here.

Nov 8, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #19 of 38

Ok, I'm listening to EDM whole day, so this isn't the right choice as I can't do that bass mod because of warranty (I'm really bad lucker on those things, always got some kind of problem).

Now I'm confused a little bit more. There are so many choices that you gave me, but the right one still won't came. I can't buy that Logitech, can't find it in any shop here.

I don't know what to do next ... wait for some other suggestion?
I would like to see some bass ones with the parameters, maybe I'm just high-fed and got too much parametres.
Please be patient with me, I don't know anything special about headphones, that's why I'm here.

Relax man, we are here to help until you buy the right headphones for you. Maybe like you said, you gives us many parametres like comfort, over the ear, durable cable, good sounding with elevated bass, disponibility in Czech Republic and all for $107!

Maybe if you rank your parametres like
1.Comfort
2. Sound quality
3. Durable
We can give you a more accurate answer.

Cheers

Nov 8, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #20 of 38

Relax man, we are here to help until you buy the right headphones for you. Maybe like you said, you gives us many parametres like comfort, over the ear, durable cable, good sounding with elevated bass, disponibility in Czech Republic and all for $107!

Maybe if you rank your parametres like
1.Comfort
2. Sound quality
3. Durable
We can give you a more accurate answer.

Cheers

Ok, I'll try to relax a little bit, I'm gettin' mad from this. It's almost as you said.

1. Comfort
2. Sound Quality - "elevated" bass
3. Availability in Czech or detachable cable, so I could buy a new one and replace (here you can find majority of brands selling in czech, just scroll down a little)

If it will help, theoreically, I could add 25$ to the max price.

Nov 9, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #21 of 38
I've got a new interesting suggestion from Czech audiophile community. It's TAKSTAR PRO80. I read a review about this one (test against Sony MDR-V6) and at least sound performance is very good (by the reviewer they sounds like headphones worth 270$). But as usually, only on e-bay, and this scares me even more because it's some china brand.

I've got some psychical block on E-Bay. I bought headphones there that cost about 100$ too and get broken after 1 month
frown.gif

Nov 9, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #29 of 38
Simply order Audio Technica WS55X from Japan for $78 shipped. They sound realy great, are comfortable and have strong cable and jack.

Nov 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #30 of 38
  Add more money and get the hd25 mark one then..if you want bass that is..some of the sennheiser headphones have no bass be careful!

HD25 are realy uncomfortable, and WS55X sounds realy close, if not as good as Hd25 for $78.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back