Looking for input from Grado users.
Aug 18, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #16 of 21

Quote:
Nice stuff you have the HeatFan, and terrific suggestions. I have had an I+ for a while now and while I like it... I keep thinking I could be missing something with the Mapletree. I have a set of Symphone's Magnums on the way and want to make sure I get the most from them. :) 

Thanks very much Mark...  Yes, the I+ just keeps on giving and giving...Great little amp...

Cheers

beerchug.gif

Aug 28, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #17 of 21
Has anyone tried the Schiit Asgard with the Grados?  I ordered the Little Dot I+ but made the mistake of not getting it froDavid Zhe.  It ended up being sent to Florida instead of my address in MA. and the seller insists that he sent me the correct tracking number!  I contacted DHL and they assured me it wasn't coming to my address. I ended up having to file a claim through PayPal for a refund after the seller refused to respond so I am now considering going with the american made Asgard to save myself another headache.  I only hope this was an honest mistake on the part of pollychen0306, but this sellers denial of a mistake and refusal to address my emails forced my hand.  Buyers beware!
OK, now I feel better!    
blink.gif

So can anyone tell me if there will be good synergy between the Schiit Asgard and Grado RS-1?  SS should work well, right?  This review has me wondering too http://www.headfonia.com/triple-schiit-asgaard-valhalla-and-lyr/
Input?

Aug 29, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #20 of 21

Quote:
Has anyone tried the Schiit Asgard with the Grados?  I ordered the Little Dot I+ but made the mistake of not getting it froDavid Zhe.  It ended up being sent to Florida instead of my address in MA. and the seller insists that he sent me the correct tracking number!  I contacted DHL and they assured me it wasn't coming to my address. I ended up having to file a claim through PayPal for a refund after the seller refused to respond so I am now considering going with the american made Asgard to save myself another headache.  I only hope this was an honest mistake on the part of pollychen0306, but this sellers denial of a mistake and refusal to address my emails forced my hand.  Buyers beware!
OK, now I feel better!    
blink.gif

So can anyone tell me if there will be good synergy between the Schiit Asgard and Grado RS-1?  SS should work well, right?  This review has me wondering too http://www.headfonia.com/triple-schiit-asgaard-valhalla-and-lyr/
Input?

I had an asgard and used it with a RS2. it sounded good but not any better to my ears than the Fiio E9. so that might be an opportunity to get something cheaper and smaller.

Oh, I then upgraded the asgard to a Burson 160 and I did notice an increase in soundstage (and a slight increase in impact) by making this move. but that's a pretty big jump in price

Aug 30, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #21 of 21
Just wanted to mention that pollychen0306 on ebay did make an honest mistake and sorted it out.  Language barriers can be a real pain!  At any rate he realized what happened or understood what I had been telling him and sent me the right tracking information.  Hope the amp is all it's cracked up to be!  Have a trio of National Semiconductor LM4562 on hand if anyone wants to purchase one, and also ordered a Burr-Brown OPA2107AP.  I will have to see which one sounds better with the 408A tubes.  Can't wait for it to arrive!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back