Looking for in-ear plugs ~€80 budget
Sep 26, 2010 at 4:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

YamiBas

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

I am looking for some good in-ear plugs for listening to hardstyle (heavy bass music) and some rock too. I'm wondering what the best bang for the buck is for me. Anyone got some nice pointers? Thanks in advance

~~Yami_Bas

P.S.: I prefer hardstyle over rock, therefore I'd rather have a really nice bass sound than mediocre bass and mids ^^

Sep 27, 2010 at 12:30 PM Post #3 of 17
Well I looked at the IE8 but they are out of my price range, mostly because I will be using the IEMs for busrides etc. Anyways while looking at the IE8 I ran into the IE6 and they are decently priced. I've read something about them being bassier than the IE7, can anyone confirm this for me? Thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #4 of 17
Don't know about the IE6 but the IE7 is not bass-heavy at all and beating them in bass quantity is no large feat. I'll also add the Fischer Audio Eterna to the list of earphones you may want to read up on.

Sep 27, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #6 of 17

Quote:
Don't know about the IE6 but the IE7 is not bass-heavy at all and beating them in bass quantity is no large feat. I'll also add the Fischer Audio Eterna to the list of earphones you may want to read up on.

really?  the 7 arent bass montsers but are very full and rather bass abundant, you getting a good fit there?

but yeah tha IE8 would suit but ovor budget, in side the IE6 (that ive not heard) or the C751  are my sugestions

Sep 27, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:
really?  the 7 arent bass montsers but are very full and rather bass abundant, you getting a good fit there?

but yeah tha IE8 would suit but ovor budget, in side the IE6 (that ive not heard) or the C751  are my sugestions

Yeah pretty sure I'm hearing the 7's right. They aren't lacking in bass but they are certainly on the 'balanced' side compared to the usual crop of midrange and higher-end dynamics (IE8, DDM, C710, HJE900, Turbines, S4, Eterna, M11+, etc etc). Aside from the HiFIMan phones and the Ety MC5 I can't think of a higher-end dynamic with more balanced sound.

Sep 29, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #8 of 17
Well I'd rather have a powerfull bass than a mediocre one... So if they are balanced out and have some decent bass... Well then they are no good for me sorry. Anyways just to point this out again does anyone have some info on the IE6? Thanks in advance
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: I read up about all the IEM's but the only one that really looked good was the Fischer Audio Eterna , but that one is't available in shops in here
frown.gif
. Anyways does anyone have some info the Sennheiser Precision II? Since they are a bit cheaper or do those have a lot less sound quality? Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 30, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #10 of 17
The eterna is available on ebay with international shipping. 
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fischer-Audio-Eterna-rev-2-in-ear-headphones-earbuds-/120622801026?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c15ade082#ht_3247wt_1137 

As for the ie6 a 10 second search found two good threads on the first page of results.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/410111/sennheiser-ie6-first-impressions
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/402779/sennheiser-ie6-the-forgotten-iem

Always bear in mind how much was paid and how long ago it was but the search button is everyone's friend. Have you heard any earphones before? it might give a bearing on how bassy the ie7 is. Also you are looking for in-ear monitor's or canal phones not in-ear plugs, they don't produce sound.

Sep 30, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #11 of 17
You are right about the title fail XD. Anyways thanks for the links and I used google but kind of forgot to use the search function on this forum... Anyways thanks for the info
smily_headphones1.gif

P.S.: I'm not buying through ebay I only buy in stores in the Netherlands due to warranty and stuff
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 30, 2010 at 7:27 AM Post #13 of 17
Hey, I'm also from the Netherlands! :) If you are only willing to buy from stores settled in the Netherlands the Klipsch Image S4 (€75,00) and the Phonak PFE 012 (€79,00) are the best options for you, in my opinion. The Klipsch Image S4 is well-known for being bass-heavy, but if I were you I would check out the Phonak PFE 012. The Phonak is highly appreciated on Head-Fi and for good reasons! :wink:

Here's a link for the Phonak: http://www.hifitogo.nl/phonak-pfe-012-zwart.html

Sep 30, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #14 of 17
Zol0ft thanks for your reply
biggrin.gif
I think I'm going for the Klipsch Image S4, but I also ran into the S4i do you know the difference between those two? Is it just the inline control thing and mic? Bedankt he
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back