Looking for In Ear for my iPhone
Oct 8, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tubbers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't see any mention of a mic in there, and if there was, who wants a mic at the very end of the cord?

Stated on some of the tech blogs when it first got announced. Dunno if that's true or not, but consensus seems to be that it does have that mic. It's pretty good for all the iPod touch owners (like me), have a functional mic and remote on a short cord. Much more convenient for me to pull this out instead of the ADDIEMs, for stuff like Skype or whatever.

Oct 8, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #17 of 20
I also have a touch, I'm thinking of going the other way around actually, and getting a longer adapter and shortening my headphone cables. Forgive the horrible ASCII diagram, but:

Code:

Code:
[left] Some continuous length here _____________| |___________________ | | | | | | ┴ | | | | | | | ___________|_| | | | | | | ┴ | | |+| | | | | | | |O| MIC + Controls | | | | | | |-| | | |_| <- Headphones plug | | |_| in here | | | | | | | | | <- Note shortened cable length | | | |______________| A / \ / \ | | 0________________________________| | | 0_________________________________|[/left]

Fig. 2
Code:

Code:
[left] Some continuous length here _____________| |___________________ | | | | | | ┴ | | | | | | | ___________|_| | | | | | | ┴ | | |+| | | | | | | |O| MIC + Controls | | | | | | |-| | | |_|<- Headphones plug | | in here | | ┴ | | |_| | | | | | | |______________| | | A / \ / \ | | 0________________________________| | | 0_________________________________|[/left]

Overall I'm hoping to get normal-esque length, putting the control dock right at neck level, and being interchange-able which whatever phones I have.

So far, I have not found any adapter that has the +/- Volume, and the control button, and not looked like ****.

Edit: The Shure MPA (Music Phone Adapter) and the Griffin SmartTalk have just the microphone (and some sort of button for calls). But it would be nice the have the whole package so I can shift seamlessly from iPod touch to iPhone to shuffle, etc.

Edit2: Just found this: Audio-Technica - Music Phone Headphone Adapter That looks okay, maybe, but I'm basically looking for the lower part of the Klipsch S4i.

Oct 8, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #18 of 20
Thank You guys..
smily_headphones1.gif

I've bought the Apple In Ear and the Klipsch S4i and I will compare them.
So I think I will definitely make the right decision.

Oct 8, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still waiting for this to drop, but seems to be the best of both worlds. Get a remote + mic, plus use any of your own headphones. Win-win.

There are a few of these already out there. Scosche and Griffin (maybe Belkin) I believe. They may not have a mic however. I had the Scosche and it sucked badly. Controls did not do what they were supposed to. Try to increase volume and the music would pause. I returned it. Reports are the Griffin one is pretty bad too. So just be careful with these.

One thing I will say about the Klipsch remote on the S4 is that it works and is very easy to distinguish the buttons.

Oct 8, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tubbers /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Edit: The Shure MPA (Music Phone Adapter) and the Griffin SmartTalk have just the microphone (and some sort of button for calls). But it would be nice the have the whole package so I can shift seamlessly from iPod touch to iPhone to shuffle, etc.

The common misconception with the Shure MPA is that it only has the microphone, and that the button only works for calls, which is not true. The call answer button doubles as a control button as well. You click twice to skip ahead, and thrice to skip backwards. Unfortunately, it doesn't have volume control but with the newer Ipod Touch and iPhone you could just control that from the unit itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back