Looking for In Ear for my iPhone
Oct 5, 2009 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

lefpa

New Head-Fier
Hi
Im looking for new In Ear for my iPhone with mic and remote control (must have).

I have looked around a little bit and I've found two in ear.
Ther first one is the original in ear from Apple.
Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic

The second one is the more expensive in ear from Klipsch with remote and mic, too.
Image S4i In-Ear Headset with Mic and 3-Button Remote Headphones

Are they any better in ear for my iPhone with remote and mic?
I do not want to spend 200$.
wink.gif
So I set the limit to 100$, respectively €.

Oct 5, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #2 of 20
V-Moda Vibe, Sennheiser CX500 and Bose IEMs.

Oct 5, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #3 of 20
The Apple In-Ears and the S4i are both awesome phones. If you're in the US, you can get unused refurbs of the apples on ebay for $35, a stellar deal. The only other headset you may want to consider is the Nuforce NE-7M ($55).

Oct 5, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #4 of 20
Nope, I'm in Germany.
The NuForce are not avaible here in Germany or in the EU.
I have heared, that the bass is not very good form the Apple In Ear.

The Apple In Ear would cost me about 65€, the Klipsch S4i about 105€.
Is the extra charge for about 40€ worth it to take the (better?) Klipsch S4i.

@ZARIM:
The Vibe do not have an mic and remote, do they?

Oct 5, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #5 of 20
I have had both the ADDIEM and just got the S4i. Initially I do like the S4i better. The sound is just more vibrant and has good character. Albiet that character may not be to your liking. My ADDIEMs ended up breaking. The remote pod malfunctioned after a couple months. Too early to tell if the Klipchs will hold up better, but I will say this the placement of the pod and the design is better than Apples. The buttons are much more defined and easier to access and know what you are doing.

As far as sound of the ADDIEMs, I thought they were very good. Somewhat dry, but balanced and fairly accurate.

Oct 5, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #6 of 20
If you're not too tight on budget the Triple Fi Pro vi are a great option. They include a headset and a remote button and the sound is just plain awesome..

Oct 5, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #7 of 20
How about Etymotic HF2

Oct 5, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #8 of 20
If you are really budget conscious, you can go with Soundmagic M21. The bass response is good, mids and highs are ok. Not on the same level as the $100 headsets but cheap enough to replace if they fail. Still a vast imporvement over the bundled apple earbuds.

Oct 7, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #10 of 20
I'd stick to the apple in-ear with inline mic (addiem).

you can get them on ebay (US) for $35 (possibly refurbished, but same product). Sellers often have international shipping.

I think you'd be greatly satisfied by them, over the other options you've listed.

Oct 7, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by lefpa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where can I buy the Klipsch S4i?

Amazon, B&H Photo, Apple (dono if the B&M apple stores stock them), directly from Klipsch, etc.

Edit: Ah, you're in Germany. The apple store should still carry them.

Oct 7, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #12 of 20
And what about the bass from the S4i?
Is it better then the Apple In Ear? Cause I've heard, that the bass from the Apple in ear is not very good.
And is the Klipsch S4i compatible with the iPhone 2G too or just with the 3G and 3Gs?

Oct 7, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by lefpa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And what about the bass from the S4i?
Is it better then the Apple In Ear? Cause I've heard, that the bass from the Apple in ear is not very good.
And is the Klipsch S4i compatible with the iPhone 2G too or just with the 3G and 3Gs?

The ADDIEMs bass is very good quality-wise, but there's not a huge amount of it. The Klipsch are probably much better if that's what you're looking for.

Oct 8, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still waiting for this to drop, but seems to be the best of both worlds. Get a remote + mic, plus use any of your own headphones. Win-win.

I don't see any mention of a mic in there, and if there was, who wants a mic at the very end of the cord?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back