Looking for IEM's with braided cable and apple remote.
Jan 29, 2012 at 6:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

AlexLeov

New Head-Fier
Hi all I am looking for some new IEM's, I am currently using UE400vi (i believe they are the same as the 500vi) which i like but i am sure the cable is going to break soon as it has no strain relief.

these will mostly be used at work where i can only have one ear in most of the time, so sound quality is not of major importance but i still want good sound when i do have both in.

I will be using on an iPhone so i need the apple remote.

I had been looking at the House of Marley - Zion in ears but cant help but think they are a bit gimmicky but they basically have all the features i want in my budget.

Thanks for the help

- Alex

Jan 29, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #2 of 13
Atomic Floyd headphones all have braided cables, same with Woodies.  There are other non-braided cables that are durable as well, like twisted (triple -> double helix) and kevlar reenforced cables.

Feb 5, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #4 of 13
UM3XRC! $300 though. :)

Feb 5, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #6 of 13
Has a remote. Not too sure about mic part though. 

Feb 5, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #7 of 13

Quote:
Has a remote. Not too sure about mic part though. 

Wait, Westone makes a cable with a remote?  EG, the Apple remote (press once for play/pause, twice for skip, thrice for previous)?

Feb 5, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #9 of 13

Quote:
I think they just released a new model that does but its based on the um1 i think

Oh yeah, the TS1 (or T1).  It's a Westone 1 with a remote and mic...

But I'm 99% sure none of the other Westone models have a remote and mic...

Feb 5, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #10 of 13
I remember seeing UM3XRC with a remote control at least. O.o

Feb 5, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #11 of 13

Quote:
I remember seeing UM3XRC with a remote control at least. O.o

I know they were supposed to make a cable with remote and mic.  I hope they port over the TS1 cable to a removable one... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back