Looking for IEMs for Bassheads
Apr 11, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #16 of 101
I would recommend NuForce Ne-700 - they're inexpensive (I bought them for 60$) and generally quite good in mids ang hights, while delivering high quantity of bass. There is plenty of sub-bass so you'll hear the subwoofer like rumble.
Then there is Monster Gratitude - amazing bass but you need foams or different tips than they provide and bass boost helps a lot - their reaction to equalising is great. They're big and ergonomics are not good.
I had Klipsch S4 for 2 years and I liked them - given that you can get them for 35EUR (amazon.de) it's good quality/cost ratio.
From other IEMs in my collection I can recommend T-Peos H200 - but they'll set you back 200$.

Apr 11, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #17 of 101
I have both the SE215 as well as the Klipsch S4. The SE215 is a technically superior IEM. However, the S4 does offer you a very boomy bass almost to where I would personally classify them in the "bassy" category if that is what you are looking for.

Apr 11, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #21 of 101
HI!

Considering your budget, my recommendations would be:

Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 - clear highs, decent mids and strong bass/sub bass

Sony XB90EX - smooth highs, very well mids and deepest bass/sub bass.

Cheers.

Apr 11, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #24 of 101
I've never heard them, but for your budget, the wooduo2 gets talked about a lot as a base heads dream

second getting the wooduo, there is a new version of it that i just picked up on ebay for 50 quid - comes in black and has volume control. considering they retail around 80, anything around 50 is a steal, of course if you are outside the EU and dont want to import im pretty sure i just saw a pair on the classifieds

Apr 12, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #26 of 101
JVC FX850 are bass head perfection.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Of course, but are outside the budget. In fact, the housing of Wooduo 2 is also of wood
tongue.gif
 (rosewood) which provides a more natural timbre and deep bass extension. A cheapo version of the JVC FX850 
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #30 of 101
I used the Klipsch S4 for a couple of years, they certainly have a good amount of bass but I agree that it is not the most detailed. I have just started using Yamaha EPH-100 and while they don't seem to have quite the amount of bass, it is much more detailed, impactful and just all round better. I definitely recommend the Yams if you can find them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back