Looking for IEMs for Bassheads
Apr 9, 2014 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 101

oechikr

New Head-Fier
Hey, I'm new the the forums.  I've stumbled upon this forum a couple times in the past when I was looking for some earbuds and I'm happy to finally join. Okay, so I've been doing some research for some bassy earbuds since mine just crapped out on me about a week ago. I used to have Skullcandy 50/50's for about 2 years. Haha don't hate... I loved them so much. The highs and mids were decent and the sub bass litterally made my ears tickle. The overall lows were full and powerful . It was a joy to listen to. Anyways, I did some research and found about about the Velodyne Vpulse's that were supposed to be one of the bassiest earbuds, under $100. I've read multiple reviews for them and guess what, THEY'RE WRONG! The highs are uncomfortable and piercing, the mids are alright I guess and the overall bass is kind of terrible and not full. These earbuds have low, clear sub bass, I'll give it that, but all in all I'm disappointed with the piercing highs and mostly, the ****ty bass. I paid $150 after taxes and shipping for these POS! Can you please recommend me some good earbuds that will satisfy bassheads, like myself? That would be greatly appreciated. My limit is around $125 and they HAVE to tickle my ears with sub bass like my 50/50's did, and just have overall full-bodied powerful bass.... Btw, all I listen to is BASS MUSIC (Trap, Dubstep). Thanks in advance! 

Apr 9, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #2 of 101
Take a look at the Shure SE215 or SE215 Ltd. (with the enhanced bass). It was the first IEM that started me down the rabbit hole called audiophile. For your type of music they would be a good fit and within your price range.

Apr 10, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #4 of 101
I'm sure the Shure SE215's are great, but I just don't like how they wrap over your ear. Any other recommendations that have powerful bass that can make my ears tickle AND have nice clear sub bass? I really don't want to go back to Skullcandy's after knowing there is better earbuds with the same or better bass. 

Apr 10, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #6 of 101
Try the Jays a-jays 5.
http://www.jays.se/products/a-jays-five
I demoed these at the airport right after trying the Westone W10.
I asked the sales guy to try a low cost alternative to the W10 (which I really liked).
In any case, for you, if you want bass, these jays THUMPED!
A little too much thump for my liking; almost exhausting (though not necessarily fatiguing). Not punchy.... Thumpy, but clean, and with decent isolation. Also, the build quality was good. These have a sturdy flat cable, with phone controls and a mic, plus a 90° plug.
Perhaps you should try. I think they go for $99.

Apr 10, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #7 of 101
Try the Jays a-jays 5.
http://www.jays.se/products/a-jays-five
I demoed these at the airport right after trying the Westone W10.
I asked the sales guy to try a low cost alternative to the W10 (which I really liked).
In any case, for you, if you want bass, these jays THUMPED!
A little too much thump for my liking; almost exhausting (though not necessarily fatiguing). Not punchy.... Thumpy, but clean, and with decent isolation. Also, the build quality was good. These have a sturdy flat cable, with phone controls and a mic, plus a 90° plug.
Perhaps you should try. I think they go for $99.

Checked that link couldnt find any specs... You know somethings up when a manufacturer doesn't show their specs on their own website.

Apr 10, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #8 of 101
I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough. I'm looking for mainstream earbuds I can buy at my local electronics store (Futureshop, Best Buy) , with everything I'm looking for that I've said above. For example brands like Sony, JVC, Klipsch, SENNHEISER. Those are just a few I can name off the top of my head. 

Apr 10, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #10 of 101
I've got the Shure SE215's and I find them extremely uncomfortable, tried all the eartips but meh. 

The sound is nice though.

Apr 10, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #11 of 101
SONY MDR-XB90EX and Audio-Technica ATH-CKS77 as mainstream pairs which you can find at your local stores. Basically you should take a look on "solid bass" series by Audio-Technica. 
I have been listened Shure SE215 and I can clearly say that this iems doesn't have deep bass extension. So that's not your choice.
If you'll change your mind you can buy online basshead's iems such as Final Audio Design Adagio II/ III, Atrio M5 or Fanmusic MS-E1011.
Good luck with your future pair anyway

Apr 11, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #14 of 101
Have you tried out any of the Klipsch S4 series? Would you say that the lows are powerful and full bodied?

I have the S4. For me, I find them to be strong on the low end, but the bass is a little too muddy for my liking. I strongly recommend you to try out the earphones before you get them though as sound is rather subjective, strong bass for someone might not be for another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back