Looking for IEM to be used primarily with iPhone. Budget around $150.
Oct 4, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #16 of 51
Ckm500 vs se215
Sound signature is close on both, only ckm is brighter. Lows punch is bit more on ckm.
SQ. Lows better in ckm with great sub-bass.
Detailing way better on ckm500, same level as tf10, better than ie8
Mids also better in ckm
Microdetails way more in ckm, same level as ie8 and tf10.
Highs - hmmm, i dont like that ckm is brighter.
Soundstage wider on ckm- as wide as ie8.
Comfort also better on ckm500
Only se215 wins with low microphonics and isolation.
I am using rocoo ba and it matters. With cowon c2, ckm500 is bass heavy.

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #17 of 51
Detailing way better on ckm500, same level as tf10, better than ie8

Wow! These CKM500 must really be something special. From your opinion rikardoliepa they're pretty much better than every other IEM known to man. No matter what they're being compared against they always are better. I've seen you compare them to Westone 4, Sennheiser IE80, SE535 plus many others.

This I just have to hear!

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #18 of 51
There not near as good as the TF10 imo, I wonder how many IEM's some of these people that are so high on the ckm500 have actually heard.  Granted they are nice for what they cost but again theres better sounding ones in the OP's price range.  

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #19 of 51
The hype on the CKM500 has gotten a bit out of hand lately. They are slightly above average for the price but i doubt they sound better than a tf10 or ie8. 

They do have a fun slightly v shaped sound, but they are not giant killers. There really should have been more hype around the brookstone ddm clones than the CKM500. 
Quote:
Wow! These CKM500 must really be something special.

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #20 of 51
There not near as good as the TF10 imo, I wonder how many IEM's some of these people that are so high on the ckm500 have actually heard.  Granted they are nice for what they cost but again theres better sounding ones in the OP's price range.  

Well, rikardoliepa says they're better than Westone 4, SE535, IE80, TF10, MMDT, the list goes on. (I can't find all the posts) But I assure you their out there!

I may aswell sell all my IEM's and settle for the CKM500. :wink:

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #21 of 51
Since getting my GR01 i really can no longer stand the sound of the CKM500. I have tried them numerous times since and to me they now sound like absolute garbage. I honestly dont know how i could have praised them so much, and i also dont know why i used to like them over the Brookstone dual driver DDM clones. I can still use the Brookstones when i am in a more bass heavy mood, but i really cant even tolerate the CKM500 anymore. Never have i fallen for such hype before, and i for some reason loved them for a couple months. 
Quote:
Well, rikardoliepa says they're better than Westone 4, SE535, IE80, TF10, MMDT, the list goes on. (I can't find all the posts) But I assure you their out there!
I may aswell sell all my IEM's and settle for the CKM500.
wink.gif

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #22 of 51
Quote:
Since getting my GR01 i really can no longer stand the sound of the CKM500. I have tried them numerous times since and to me they now sound like absolute garbage. I honestly dont know how i could have praised them so much, and i also dont know why i used to like them over the Brookstone dual driver DDM clones. I can still use the Brookstones when i am in a more bass heavy mood, but i really cant even tolerate the CKM500 anymore. Never have i fallen for such hype before, and i for some reason loved them for a couple months. 

That's how it is, when you get one that really sounds good others you may have liked a lot just don't add up anymore.

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #23 of 51

We'll I think CKM500 is probably great for what they are, and of course a possibility for the OP considering their price range. However, to compare them against high teir IEM's in the $400 - $500 range is a little overboard, really makes one stand out in the crowd when others know exactly what those IEM's are capable of.. I agree with Techno kid, if you haven't heard something don't comment on it don't compare it. Doesn't stop a person from giving a recommendation but can look a little silly on screen to those who have.

Anyway, let's put this train back on it's tracks. *toot toot* :smile:

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #24 of 51
Quote:
We'll I think CKM500 is probably great for what they are, and of course a possibility for the OP considering their price range. However, to compare them against high teir IEM's in the $400 - $500 range is a little overboard, really makes one stand out in the crowd when others know exactly what those IEM's are capable of.. I agree with Techno kid, if you haven't heard something don't comment on it don't compare it. Doesn't stop a person from giving a recommendation but can look a little silly on screen to those who have.
Anyway, let's put this train back on it's tracks. *toot toot*
smile.gif

I agree.

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #25 of 51
Definitely, but i also owned the Sleek Audio SA6 at the same time and somehow liked the CKM500 more than those too. The SA6 was a $200 IEM when they were available. I dont regret any of my decisions though because in the end it led to me where i am now. It might not be much, but i like my GR01's a whole lot, and also the cheap flimsy Brookstones when im in a bassier mood.
Quote:

That's how it is, when you get one that really sounds good others you may have liked a lot just don't add up anymore.

Anyway... Back to the OP's decision...

Oct 4, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #28 of 51
To each their own, now I've heard both and imo they aren't even close.  The W4 has much better over all detail and a better more cohesive soundstage as well.  Anyways I'm done with the ckm500 talk, so OP what are you leaning towards now?  As I'm asking like he's online yet he hasn't posted anything in 12 hours.

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #30 of 51
Quote:
To each their own, now I've heard both and imo they aren't even close.  The W4 has much better over all detail and a better more cohesive soundstage as well.  Anyways I'm done with the ckm500 talk, so OP what are you leaning towards now?  As I'm asking like he's online yet he hasn't posted anything in 12 hours.

I work with computers, so generally when I get home, I don't go anywhere near them. :)
Anyway, I'm vacillating quite a bit.  I'm wondering if it is worth jumping up to $180 to grab the GR07

Users who are viewing this thread

Back