Looking for IEM for Trance / House / Progressive Around $65 Shipped
Feb 28, 2011 at 1:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

integlspwr

New Head-Fier
My listening style is more like Armin Van Burren, ARTY, Cerf Mitiska Jaren, Cosmic Gate etc..

and I'm looking for IEM's around the $65 SHIPPED Range.

The Sound i'm looking for is fantastic Bass, with OK mids & highs. Not look for just a straight up BASS ONLY headphones and not looking for Muddy bass sound.

But any other suggestions I should be looking at for around $65 Shipped Max.

Looking to order like tonight / tomorrow morning so I can get them in time for my trip this coming week end.

Thanks in advance!

Update:

Meelec m6 in time for my trip, but im very dissapointed by the bass and treble is way to sharp for me.

any suggestions on others? or should i just step up my budget to $200+ ?

Feb 28, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #2 of 16
If you look around the For Sale section, you can easily find the M11+ for around $20ish shipped. I have owned them before and loved them until I traded them off :frowning2:. I got them for $20 shipped btw.

Feb 28, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #5 of 16
Feb 28, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #9 of 16
I have very similar tastes in music, and after some simple mods and a little EQ'ing on my Fuze, my M6's sound awesome. Nice tight bass, nice mid, and tamed highs. Also, I hook a cmoybb to them when I am feeling saucy, and that is when they really start to amaze me. Armin van Buuren - Control Freak(Sander van Doorn mix) is one of my favorite tracks on these iems. Good luck and hope you enjoy them.

Mar 1, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #10 of 16
Just a note that the Brainwavz M2 are fantastic but ultimately will leave you wanting more with your listening preference. Even EQ'd to bass they let you know that bass is not their focus.

I plan to buy some Nuforce 6, or save a bit for some Atrio M5s.

Mar 4, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #11 of 16
Just got my Meelec m6 in time for my trip, but im very dissapointed by the bass and treble is way to sharp for me.

Anyone have a next suggestions?

Nuforce 6 ? or should i just get something in the $200+ range ?

Mar 4, 2011 at 9:01 AM Post #13 of 16
For the M6, I found that some EQ helped tame the highs, specifically post #358 http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/453242/meelectronics-m6-review/345

Also, I took some foam pads of some crappy Blackberry ear buds and and cut them in half. One half goes in the tube leading to the driver, the other half(or a quarter of it even) I stretched across the tube opening before putting my ear tips back on. Tamed the highs and made the bass sound a bit fuller to my ears.

I would say give these a shot, bc imo the M6 has been a good start on my journey into headfilia. Also, pair it with a cmoybb and it thumps nice in teh bass end. good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back