Looking for IEM better than SE435, at least good as CX300 !
Nov 10, 2013 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

canzz

New Head-Fier
Weird thread :) I know but you'll understand. 

I have opened a tread a few months ago for bass heavy IEM recommendation for an EDM listener, me :) I decided to buy MH1C after recomendations, I loved it at first, but cable was really bad, and the volume was really low (with iphone). Then I left it in my pocket and it was washed in the washing machine. Then I bought many headphones, SE215, Etymotic, beyer dynamics mmx101, SE435 and couple more. Returned all of it. SE215 was a bit muddy, 435 was way so clear and not bassy enough, and unluckily MMX101 was defected (right earphone not working) when i opened the box. Then I took my 7 years old CX300 out of my drawer and realised that I really love this earphone, all of the earphones I bought afterward had better sound but while listening Electronic music, they are not "fun" at all. Beyer dYnamics was really good but IT was defected when it came to me, so either its a huge coincidence or built quality is not good. 
While listening to classical music, etymotc is amazing. And for mid, shure was flawless. But Im mostly listening Trance and these earphones feels boring. With this earphones I feel like I have a Lamborghini but all I want is to do some offroad with some Toyota LandCruiser. I hate offroading with a lambo :) 

Basically I decided I want to go with a earphone with a similar sound signature with CX300. iphone controls would be awesome. Please advise. I want it to be around 50-100 dollars.

Nov 10, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #3 of 17
What exactly are you after? Strong bass? Strong treble? great detail? Sound that is unnatural?

Perhaps you should try the JVC HA-FX40. It has great detail and strong bass, and is also very bright sounding.

If you want strong low bss impact, try the Sony MDR-EX210B. It has 13.5mm drivers for great deep bass that still sounds natural. Sony also has the MDR-XB60, which also has 13.5mm drivers, however its enclosures are very different. It is listed as an extra bass headphone.

I find the HA-FX40 and the EX210B to be fun. I find the CX300 to be okay, but not great. I also prefer the Panasonic RP-HJE450 to the CX300. The HJE450 has 12.5mm drivers. You should also get the Soundmagic ES18. For just $12 on Amazon it sounds quite musical. Some say it sounds very much like the Soundmagic E10, which is 3x the price. The ES18 has just 10mm drivers though, so it isn't as good with low bass impact as the EX210B or RP-HJE450. The CX300 has just 9mm drivers. Imo even the $12 Soundmagic ES18 sounds better than the CX300.

Nov 11, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #6 of 17
The HF5s are awesome. 

Nov 28, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #9 of 17
Dec 1, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #10 of 17
  Forgive me if I sound too obvious, but if iPhone support is mandatory have you tried the new Apple Earbuds? They are good and IMO sound way better than CX300.

The original earbuds? off course i tried :) , and yes it sounds fine but totally not the sound signature Im looking for, I need strong, punchy bass which any earbud cant provide..

Those are all around ranking of earphones, CX300 is probably horrible earphone for those lists but its good and fun earphone for my music taste.. 

Any other reccomenations please :/ 

Thanks

Dec 1, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #11 of 17
get copper pro at 98$

vision.ca

Dec 1, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #12 of 17
The original earbuds? off course i tried :) , and yes it sounds fine but totally not the sound signature Im looking for, I need strong, punchy bass which any earbud cant provide..

I mean the ones introduced a year ago which come w/iPhone5 - EarPods. They are neither IEMs nor usual ear buds but rather something inbetween. Insertion is deeper which means better bass. I'm not sure if it can be called punchy though...

Dec 2, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #13 of 17
@canzz

why don't u get sennheizer bx 880 or 890?they are going at 75 $ at amazon

maybe u love warm sound of sennheizer?

Dec 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #14 of 17
@canzz

why don't u get sennheizer bx 880 or 890?they are going at 75 $ at amazon

maybe u love warm sound of sennheizer?

kinda :)

Beyerdynamics signature was good too. And it obviously has much better sound. But right earphone was not working when i took it out of the box ! I wouldnt expect this from a high-end german company...

Any other suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back