Looking for iem- $150
Dec 6, 2008 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Gregory Stein

New Head-Fier
I know this has been ask before, but looking at threads like these I never came to any conclusion. I want my canal phone to be close to $150. I listen to mostly classical musical and just want to know, in my price range, which iem would be the best for sound quality and comfort. I will be using these in noisy locations too, so would like good isolation also. I have considered the Shure se210, but many people seem to think they are overpriced. I here Ety is good.

Anyone have recommendations?

Dec 6, 2008 at 6:57 PM Post #2 of 22
I ended up going with the Ety er6i because of cost but I've looked at that price range for classical and the er4p (or s if its amped) seems the most likely choice. Amazon had them for 150 yesterday. I think if you took votes er4p would win for classical in that price range.

Dec 6, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #4 of 22
Yea, I have heard the ER-4P is good. I rather not carry the amp of the ER-4ps, though. Is the sound quality that much better with the amp? How much does a amp cost? Oh, and how does this earphone compare with the Shure SE210?

Dec 6, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #5 of 22
You should listen to the bass and warmth of the sound of a good classical recording with the Atrio M5/M8. They also deliver a very good separation and sondstage.

So my vote goes for the Atrio with its dynamic driver.

You could probably get them for $150+-.

regards,

Dec 6, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #9 of 22
I would get the pro model, but it is above my price limit, is it good for classical? I am not sure, but wouldn't the eb model deliver too much bass for classical? I rather the sound be neutral. How does the HF5 compare to the ER-4P?

Dec 6, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #10 of 22
the Sennheiser IE7 are on sale again at ecost.com for $172.99 shipped if you can stretch your budget a bit?...

soozie seems to think they sound better than the IE8...

at that price you could recoup your losses (plenty of head-fiers abroad that would consider paying that for used IE7)...

just a thought...

Dec 7, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #11 of 22
I would get the pro model, but it is above my price limit, is it good for classical? I am not sure, but wouldn't the eb model deliver too much bass for classical? I rather the sound be neutral. How does the HF5 compare to the ER-4P?

Dec 8, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #13 of 22
Anyone out their willing to help a confused music lover?
wink.gif

Dec 8, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #14 of 22
for accuracy, the ER6i or the ER4P is your best bet. If you prefer something warmer, look at the UE SUPER FI 5 Pro, or the Q Jays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back