Looking for highly comfortable and neutral headphones that goes well with my amp and music
Nov 12, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #16 of 22
 I find AKG K-701 to be the most uncomfortable headphones. Are other AKG's that much different?

What did you find uncomfortable about the K701? Honestly the K701 wasn't that special to me, it was lacking for me in some areas. I can recommend the K612 sonically, seems to be what you want sonically, that and probably the HD 600. I personally find it really comfortable. The K612 does very well with the songs you posted.

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #17 of 22

I find AKG K-701 to be the most uncomfortable headphones. Are other AKG's that much different?

What did you find uncomfortable about the K701?

Hard bump on the top of the headband. Heavy, etc... I tried to soften them for a long time before I realized that they will never be comfortable (at least not for me). so I'm afraid to go through the same nightmare with some other AKG headphones now. :p (The K612s look like they have similar design)

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #18 of 22
Hard bump on the top of the headband. Heavy, etc... I tried to soften them for a long time before I realized that they will never be comfortable (at least not for me). so I'm afraid to go through the same nightmare with some other AKG headphones now. :p (The K612s look like they have similar design)

There are no bumps on the K612s headband. Heavy on the headband or heavy in general? Is the comfort issues centered around the headband? If so the K612 shouldn't cause any problems. They do have a similar design but I find them more comfortable than the K701. Not all AKGs fit the same, my K240s for example have a completely different fit than my K612.

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #19 of 22
There are no bumps on the K612s headband. Heavy on the headband or heavy in general? Is the comfort issues centered around the headband? If so the K612 shouldn't cause any problems. They do have a similar design but I find them more comfortable than the K701. Not all AKGs fit the same, my K240s for example have a completely different fit than my K612.

Not just the headband. The hard (!) and big round (probably not the right shape for me) ear-pads as well.
Heavy on the headband and heavy in general.

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #20 of 22
Not just the headband. The hard (!) and big round (probably not the right shape for me) ear-pads as well.

Ah I see. The K612 will probably cause comfort issues with the pads then as the pads are similar to the K701s just not angled. The K702 Annie's and the K712 have soft ear pads with no bumps on the headband so I doubt those will cause you comfort issues, but neither seem to be neutral and linear like the K612. The HD 600 and HD 598 are probably your best options.

I have noticed some heaviness at first, especially since they are clampy at first so I felt weight on the ear pads, I found the heaviness eased up with use but compared to the K240 which actually weights the same as the K612 it seems a bit heavy on the head and the K240 just disappear as they are like light as a feather on my head.

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #22 of 22
  I think I'll buy the HD 598s. I just hope they sound much better than my Bose AE2s. Comfort is OK now, it's mostly sound quality I want to update.

I really liked the HD 598 when I heard it extensively, ended up liking it more than my MA900. It doesn't sound quite as good as the HD 600 or K612, but it's a good solid headphone. They will sound lot better than the AE2 imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back