Looking for help with ADDIEM problem
Nov 13, 2011 at 12:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Jerome G

100+ Head-Fier
recently the volume is very low and muffled. The right side volume is also much lower than the left. There was some ear wax on he metal screen that I cleaned off, but that didn't really help.
I bought them from eBay more than a year ago, and they were working fine until a week ago.

Thanks in advance !

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #2 of 9
Is there anyway to get the screen off without damage?  Have they gotten moisture in them lately, hows the cable?

Nov 13, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #4 of 9
Thanks guys.
Yes. I did screw off both metal caps and cleaned them, no change.

Nov 14, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #5 of 9
Well, short of hearing damage, the only other thing I can think of is that they are broken.  Cable going to the earphone or the headphone jack may be damaged.  Does fiddling with the cable change anything?

Nov 14, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #6 of 9
OK, I've narrowed it down to the mesh cap. The volume is good when I take it off. I can hold it up to the light and see through, I've tried to scrape it with a small screwdriver, but I can't get the sound louder. 
How do I clean this little sucker ?

Nov 14, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #7 of 9
If it is just the mesh filter you can try using compressed air while the rilter is off. If that does not work then try water or peroxide and then let them dry.

Quote:
OK, I've narrowed it down to the mesh cap. The volume is good when I take it off. I can hold it up to the light and see through, I've tried to scrape it with a small screwdriver, but I can't get the sound louder. 
How do I clean this little sucker ?

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #8 of 9
The simplest solution would be to unscrew the removal metal cap, and replace it with the extras that are included with ADDIEM's. You can use an alcohol cleaner to clean pretty much anything out of the dirty caps.

Also if all else fails just go into an Apple store, explain the problem, and they will likely just hook you up with a new pair.

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #9 of 9
Take off your filters (unscrew them) and place it under a really small stream of running, warm water.  Slowly increase the temperature of the water so the wax melts off and washes off as well.  Let dry and replace.  DO NOT drop the filter while you're washing them out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back