Looking for help on building a sound system with LOTS of bass
Mar 15, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #31 of 44
LOL
(laughing with, not at--great examples)

Some people just don't understand that a good subwoofer is a "speaker" optimized for producing bass frequencies.
smily_headphones1.gif

This is my dream sub. The Seaton Submersive HP:

Dual opposed 15" subwoofers with a 4000W/2400W amplifier
biggrin.gif

Cel, I think I just got your HP beat.

Check this out:http://www.funkywaves.net/catalog.cfm?item=fw_18_0

The TC LMS 5400 is a lot of car audio and home theater people are claiming is the best subwoofer driver (consumer-level) in the world, and the car audio guys are saying it smokes the JL 13W7, it's bigger, badder, and ALSO has 3 inches of linear excursion, and the driver alone is about 90 pounds.

If I had the arm strength the lift it...I'd take this sub. Although just like the HP, apparently they don't come in gloss finishes (too bad :\)

Mar 15, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #32 of 44
Cel, I think I just got your HP beat.

Check this out:http://www.funkywaves.net/catalog.cfm?item=fw_18_0

The TC LMS 5400 is a lot of car audio and home theater people are claiming is the best subwoofer driver (consumer-level) in the world, and the car audio guys are saying it smokes the JL 13W7, it's bigger, badder, and ALSO has 3 inches of linear excursion, and the driver alone is about 90 pounds.

If I had the arm strength the lift it...I'd take this sub. Although just like the HP, apparently they don't come in gloss finishes (too bad :\)

Oh yeah. The TC Sounds drivers are nice. At one point, I thought about trying to have some cabinets built for their 15" drivers. :)

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #33 of 44
Your like myself you want to get the bass your looking for without spending the big bucks. Right now I have the logitech Z-5500 and I was about to replace the unit with suppose to be a step up the Z-906 after properly setting them up after the first song I heard I knew I made a mistake there just plain garbage. There like listening to music through a tin can..So I went on the hunt again but try to find somthing that's affordable and better then the Z-5500 and what I found you'd have to spend $1600 so over all I didn't feel like spending that much after having a not to bad system..if you enjoy music try the z-5500 but try listening to HD DVD Audio converted to flac I'll tell you you will be amazed. It is possible to find the z-5500 used plenty or new but avoid amazon.com were they try to screw you...if you find them don't pay more then $399.00 ...getting back to dvd audio your really listening to 24bit 96khz true 5.1 flac now I just forgot about looking for a new system..

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #34 of 44
Your like myself you want to get the bass your looking for without spending the big bucks. Right now I have the logitech Z-5500 and I was about to replace the unit with suppose to be a step up the Z-906 after properly setting them up after the first song I heard I knew I made a mistake there just plain garbage. There like listening to music through a tin can..So I went on the hunt again but try to find somthing that's affordable and better then the Z-5500 and what I found you'd have to spend $1600 so over all I didn't feel like spending that much after having a not to bad system..if you enjoy music try the z-5500 but try listening to HD DVD Audio converted to flac I'll tell you you will be amazed. It is possible to find the z-5500 used plenty or new but avoid amazon.com were they try to screw you...if you find them don't pay more then $399.00 ...getting back to dvd audio your really listening to 24bit 96khz true 5.1 flac now I just forgot about looking for a new system..

It doesn't cost $1600 to dramatically improve on the Z-5500 for better SQ and better bass. It's just knowing what components to get :)

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #37 of 44
Your sure doing your share of speculating I heard those klipsch speakers and the difference isn't worth talking about....So I bought the klipsch RF52 ll from e-bay for $2000 and now I'm looking for a receiver but over all the Z-5500 is far better then the Z-906 that I have a strange feeling you bought...

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #38 of 44
Your sure doing your share of speculating I heard those klipsch speakers and the difference isn't worth talking about....So I bought the klipsch RF52 ll from e-bay for $2000 and now I'm looking for a receiver but over all the Z-5500 is far better then the Z-906 that I have a strange feeling you bought...

Those are only $375 each at Crutchfield, Amazon, etc. How did you end up spending $2000?

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #39 of 44
Those are only $375 each at Crutchfield, Amazon, etc. How did you end up spending $2000?

There are some special cupcakes on ebay. There's a pair of speakers (Revel F12s I believe) that retail for $1200 that a seller is listing at $1800 on ebay. When I asked him why he listed above msrp, he claims he paid $9000 for them.

Mar 26, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #42 of 44
Look at this pic this is the unit I picked up...If you say you can pick it up for $375 well your a good man at shopping around.

So you are saying that you bought a whole set? I thought you said you already had the center channel, and you were complaining about having too much leftover equipment. Now you'll have two center channels. :)

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #43 of 44
Yes the centre speaker that I bought a while back will stay with the Z-5500 which might help when it's time to sell the unit...Far as the rest of my junk I'll try to sell it on e-bay or a yard sale in the summer and maybe try to recover some of my $2000 back..Anyway I like the way you express your opinion clean and no name calling not like many on here that are plain rude.....my next move is to find a receiver....

Mar 26, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #44 of 44
Yes the centre speaker that I bought a while back will stay with the Z-5500 which might help when it's time to sell the unit...Far as the rest of my junk I'll try to sell it on e-bay or a yard sale in the summer and maybe try to recover some of my $2000 back..Anyway I like the way you express your opinion clean and no name calling not like many on here that are plain rude.....my next move is to find a receiver....

Well I did rib you just a little about the 2nd center channel. I figured you deserved it after complaining too much equipment to get rid of. Of course, I have a 10" and a 12" ported sub sitting in my house not being used that I should get rid of. LOL

For receivers, look at Onkyo, Denon, and Marantz with Audyssey MultEQ or better. Audyssey has room correction software that automagically attempts to smooth the in-room response of the speakers AND the sub. Most room correction on other brands only helps with the speakers, and subs need it as much or more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back