Looking For Headset/Headphones For Xbox One
Jan 27, 2015 at 12:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dcorn22

New Head-Fier
Hi All, brand new member here. I have done a lot of research on here for a good sound solution for Xbox One and really liked the forums, so figured I would join.  Guess I'll start with what I currently use - Turtle Beach X12's with DSS2. Just got Astro A40's with MixAmp as a gift but haven't opened them yet. Through research I have determined that there are probably better options I can get. My budget is $300 and my first priority is good positional audio for FPS's like CoD and Destiny. I also play a lot of single player games. I'm thinking of ordering something like Sennheiser HD 558 or 598 and add on mic to use with DSS2 I already have. Any assistance or thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Jan 27, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #2 of 4
I dont really know the features of an xbox but if they work fine with low impedance headphones maybe Philips Fidelio X2 or Shure SRH1440?

Jan 27, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the reply. The headphones will be connected to the Turtle Beach DSS2 surround sound processor  (only because I have it already). The DSS2 will be connected to the Xbone via optical (toslink) cable. I have Turtle Beach x12's connected now and it sounds OK. Looking to improve upon the sound for footsteps and directional sound mostly. The 2 you mentioned are at the high end of my budget. Any thoughts on the Senn hd 558, 598 or the Fidelio X1?

Feb 5, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the reply. The headphones will be connected to the Turtle Beach DSS2 surround sound processor (only because I have it already). The DSS2 will be connected to the Xbone via optical (toslink) cable. I have Turtle Beach x12's connected now and it sounds OK. Looking to improve upon the sound for footsteps and directional sound mostly. The 2 you mentioned are at the high end of my budget. Any thoughts on the Senn hd 558, 598 or the Fidelio X1?

Hey,

I have the 598s, Astro Mixamp Pro, and V-Moda Boompro mic I can tell you the Sennhieser 598s sound superb with Dolby enabled on the Mixamp. If you have any questions about my setup, just PM me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back