Looking for headphones up to £50
Oct 16, 2010 at 10:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Gideon

New Head-Fier
Hello

My neice is after some headphones for her birthday which means i'll be buying them, she wanted skullcandy lowriders. Now i know with IEMs you avoid skull candy but i wasnt sure about full size phones.

Now she listens to music like eminem and dizzy rascal (not my cup of tea) so it could do with a decent amount of bass but on principle i dont want to get her just flat muddy bass head phones so was wondering what the options were for my budget.

Any help would be much appreciated

Oct 16, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #2 of 5
Skull candy sound in general is always muddy. For £35 I would recommend a JVC RX700 or RX900, both have very great sound for the price along with a decent amount of bass. Skullcandy will sound better than ipod earbuds but not nearly as as good as the JVC's will. If your daughter does not like them, then she is just following a trend (The advertising techniques the company uses is very intriguing for teens). Let her enjoy the Skullcandy's if that is truly what she wants, I hope for sure she does enjoy the something like the JVC's though.

Oct 16, 2010 at 5:07 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the suggestions.

Spoke to my neice today and she doesn't want flat muffy bass she just thought the skullcandys looked cool but would prefer decent sounding headphones...thank god for that...

I'll start looking into the JVC's more
biggrin.gif

Any other brands/models of the similar price range that would have a nice punchy bass that kicks in when it's needed rather than being flat and muddy with nice clear mids and highs (or as good as you can get for my budget).

Oct 16, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #4 of 5
Koss Portapros are good for the money, but I do not think your niece would like the look. I wouldn't want to be seen wearing them either. :frowning2:You can always also try the For Sale/For Trade forum to find a higher priced headphone at your pricepoint.

Oct 17, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #5 of 5
HAve you given Sony MDR XB500's? I got these a dew weeks back and have loved every second. I had RX700's and loved how they sounded but they were so big and heavy tthat I had to change, these were my replacement for them and it was a worthy upgrade. For punchy bass I've not heard of any other cans that were this good, for hip hop these are amazing if your wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back