looking for headphones under $100 with great soundstage
Dec 24, 2013 at 10:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

riffon

New Head-Fier
Hi  all,
new on this forum,
after having read  a lot about the Brainwavz HM3 headphones, finally got them.
first of all i must say that i have been using for years cheap Philips SBC HP195 and when
trying the Brainwavz  it was a big disapointment since i felt the sound was congested, narrow, without space and 3 dimentional like my old Philips were.
it felt like everything was in the center and on one row.
 (i had them burn for 24 hours and it didn t change much in that aspect)

It ended up as a christmas gift for my little cousin.

here i am looking for other ones which give you the ability to feel the space position of each instrument.
 i am also concerned about detail and not really about powerfull bass.
 budgetwise i would hope great bang for the buck but i could go up to 100$ for something extraordinary.

Sorry for my English and thanks in advance for the help.

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #2 of 3
  Hi  all,
new on this forum,
after having read  a lot about the Brainwavz HM3 headphones, finally got them.
first of all i must say that i have been using for years cheap Philips SBC HP195 and when
trying the Brainwavz  it was a big disapointment since i felt the sound was congested, narrow, without space and 3 dimentional like my old Philips were.
it felt like everything was in the center and on one row.
 (i had them burn for 24 hours and it didn t change much in that aspect)

It ended up as a christmas gift for my little cousin.

here i am looking for other ones which give you the ability to feel the space position of each instrument.
 i am also concerned about detail and not really about powerfull bass.
 budgetwise i would hope great bang for the buck but i could go up to 100$ for something extraordinary.

Sorry for my English and thanks in advance for the help.

Brainwavz R3 have great soundstage, and clarity. The cable, and fit is a hit and miss though. I have a review up, check it out.

The majority of full size headphones with very recognizable sound stage at this price point (to the point of artificial) are in many of the consumer cans, but you may not like those probably.

Maybe check out some Audio Technica's?

Dec 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #3 of 3
 Thanks  bowei006, i will !

I have been doing some reading and here are some budget headphones with good reviews

Presonus HD7
 Samson SR850 or SR950
 Superlux HD668B
 Superlux HD662F
 Panasonic RP-HT660
 Jvc Ha-Rx 500 or 700

has any of these (or an other one i haven t found out about ) this wide, spacious, airy and three dimentional like soundstage with great instruments separation,  i am looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back