Looking for gym headphones, considering UE6000/9000
Mar 5, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #2 of 7
M80, M50, T50p, or HD25 perhaps?
Look these up, they will all give you some passive noise attenuation.  M80 not as much as the others.
If you don't want noise cancellation/attenuation, then use UE6000/9000 with the noise cancellation turned off.

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
I think wearing any type of headphone in the gym is just asking for an ear infection, Unless they are a headphone designed for that purpose. Full sized in a gym forget about it it will be awkward.

agree that any circumaural or (even supra) headphones are goofy/impractical. 

get iems or clips. i used the meelectronics m-6 for a while. maybe find a pair that don't require deep insertion/don't isolate - i'm currently using the superlux iems. 

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #4 of 7
I bought some Sennheiser HD429s specifically for the purpose going to the gym. I also dont particularly like IEMs, and I worked out plenty with regular cans before, it works just fine for me. The HD429s definitely have nice passive noise reduction, are extremely comfortable and very very light. They are only about $55 or so, so you dont have to have a heart attack if they get a lil beat up.

Mar 6, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
I bought some Sennheiser HD429s specifically for the purpose going to the gym. I also dont particularly like IEMs, and I worked out plenty with regular cans before, it works just fine for me. The HD429s definitely have nice passive noise reduction, are extremely comfortable and very very light. They are only about $55 or so, so you dont have to have a heart attack if they get a lil beat up.

wow those cans are really bulky aren't they?

Mar 8, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #6 of 7
HD429?  If it could fold up neatly, it would be considered portable and ljokerl might have posted a review of it in his relevant megathread.  It's not that bulky, I think, but maybe you might find it to be for yourself.
Each cup is oval shaped and about 4" tall, 3" wide, and 1.5" thick with good earpads.  UE6000 and M50 are a little larger than HD429, then the M80, T50p, and HD25-1 are all a little smaller.

Mar 8, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #7 of 7
scratch out the M50 for the gym, they are bulky, clumsy to swivel the cup, tight clamp, long wire, and pleather gets hot, sweaty, sticky fast. if you are going to get something that is not an IEM, get something with a volume control, I can see that be handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back