Looking for good on-the-go/travel headphones under $300 CAD ($230 USD)
Jun 26, 2017 at 3:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

SoKeta

New Head-Fier
Hopefully, someone can recommend some good cans for my needs.
I currently own a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pros, a broken set of Aiaiai TMA-1's, and a broken set of TMA-2's. I need something less clunky for everyday use than the 770 Pros.

Really love the luxury and imaging of the Beyerdynamics, but the equalisation on the Aiaiai's are what I find more to my taste.
My music library is eclectic, I'll need something that allows me to jump between genres without too much EQing (classical to heavy electronic bass music).
Decent bass, warm mids, and a relaxed high end preferred. Good noise isolation or cancellation is ideal too as I am travelling a lot this year, I would love to hear very little aeroplane engine noises. Frequency response above 20k would be nice too as most of my files are lossless. Max budget is $300 CAD.

So far I've been looking at Sennheiser HD 25, Beyerdynamic T51i or Custom One Pro/Custom Street, but I'm not married to any of those (however a store nearby has Custom On Pros on sale for $150 CAD). I think after owning the TMA-2s I find them far overpriced, the TMA-1s sound pretty much just as good for half the cost.

So what do you guys think? What should I look into?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back