looking for good look and good quality
May 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

jenriquenunez

Head-Fier
Hey everyone, i been looking for almost two weeks for some closed good looking portable headphones but that look stylish, my price range is 150-200 bucks is mainly for on tge go and listen dubstep r&b hip hop thanks for any advice

May 3, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #4 of 11
First off - http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here

You haven't given much to go by at this moment. Nothing about sound preferences, signature preferences, (iAnd while stating genres is helpful, the former two are significantly more informative and helpful), criteria in terms of comfort, isolation, build, nothing. Usually this warrants a couple of people having to make do with spouting off an arbitrary list of choices without much specification. Assuming that you are indeed asking for recommendations, you could help us help you narrow something specific by listing the above criterias.

May 6, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:
I like clear but bassy sound, some people will the m50 but they look kind of bulky, also i was looking if i buy the hd 439 and mod then would they sound good?

1) Regarding the HD439 mod, depends on what you mean by "sound good". They already do "sound good". The mod just bumps up the bass. The mids are rather smooth and lush anyways so it might get a bit excessive if clarity is high on the list with regards to your criteria.

2) If you think the M50s might be bulky, the HD25-1s previously mentioned certainly are not. Great clarity, notes are aggressive and fast-paced, adds to perceived clarity as well. And of course did I mention they are not at all bulky? Usually can find them at a nice price if you look deep. The Adidas editions looks fairly sharp in my POV as well.

May 6, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #8 of 11
The TBSE will fare much better than the 439 for hiphop IME

and theyr'e much more portable because they fold very nicely

May 6, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #10 of 11
I'd say so, one of my favorite portable combos for dnb and such.

I recommend getting the E11 and the tbse (or pro dj 100 to stay well under budget) to really get the bass nice and full

Users who are viewing this thread

Back