Looking for good ATH In Ear Monitors. Can't decide which to choose.
Dec 30, 2013 at 3:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

dsdeiz

Head-Fier
Hey all,

There's not much selections of IEMs here in our area so I've decided to just list down the ones that I see are available here. So far, the only "decent" brand I've found here is Audio Technica. Any ideas which IEM to choose? I mostly listen to EDM and Rock and would like something with good bass. I will be using it on a Cowon J3 player. So far these are the ones I've found:
  1. CKS77X
  2. CKS55X
  3. CK323M
  4. CKM30
Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #4 of 9
  Maybe Yamaha EPH-100? I listened with my J3 and sound great for this price. Both, rock and EBM will sound superb for sure.

Sounds good based on reviews! I'll try to check if it's available here in my area. Would still appreciate though if anyone could chime in on the ATH selections. 
redface.gif

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #5 of 9
http://www.head-fi.org/t/599946/need-a-comparison-of-ath-cks55-vs-ath-cks77 

post #6 might help you on deciding between the ath-cks55 and ath-cks77

I dont have either but i would go for the ath-cks77 if money wont be a major factor in your decision

Jan 9, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #8 of 9
I do not recommend CK323M if you want good sound quality as they have a sharp V-shape signature. The treble is very detailed and not sibilant but the mids are very recessed and the bass a bit muddy :frowning2: Such a shame because they do look stylish and are better build quality than some other AT IEMs (cord is tangle-free but microphonics is a problem.)

CKM500 is the most highly recommended one out here though it's build quality is so-so (cord tangles easily, the cans may break if you keep them in your pocket). CKN70 supposedly sounds better but it has a J-shaped cable and has poor cable quality.

CKS77X is more bass heavy, a bit less detail then the 500's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back