Looking for full size yet portable headphones
Oct 5, 2011 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

BenAdamson

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, I am looking for headphones that should meet these requirements (in order of importance, 1 being most important):
  • Sound quality - Of course I want high clarity, though I also would quite like good, punchy bass.
  • Solid construction - This will be transported with me almost every day in a normal satchel and I want it to be tough enough to withstand the bumps and scratches.
  • Good isolation - I will be using it in both noisy and quiet environments, and so do not want outside sound to leak or anybody else to hear my music blaring.
  • Comfort - I will be wearing these headphones for something like an hour a day or more, so want these to be comfy for my averagely sized head.
  • Gaming potential - I will probably also be using these for gaming (FPS etc), so all the factors that help with decent gaming audio (Good soundstage etc) would be a bonus.

My budget is around £60, although I am willing to spend some more if it would help a lot to go to the next price range. So far the Sony MDR ZX700s seem to be solid contenders. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ben Adamson

EDIT: I forgot to say that I will be driving these headphones with a Sansa Clip+, although I might buy a new device soon, possibly an iTouch with LOD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back