looking for flash player with really good SQ
Aug 30, 2007 at 11:59 PM Post #16 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
in order to get the most of the D2's sound, you'll need properly encoded music. the SQ of the D2 is not very forgiving. my 320kbps MP3 files sounded great, while the lesser files....not so much. it certainly has a colder signature than most DAPs I've heard.

the EQ can help, as it is rather versatile. mine was paired with the E4c's, which I ended up not liking all that much anyway.

Maybe I can just purchase it in a store to test it out and then return it if I don't like it.

Aug 31, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #18 of 35
If you are just looking for audio, I've read that the Meizu M3 sounds better than the M6. Some have had troubles and others not so it seems like a crapshoot. 8 gb for under 150 tho is pretty cool (www.jtcelectronics.biz)

Aug 31, 2007 at 1:19 PM Post #20 of 35
I have an Clix2 8GB player and I love it.

I'll have my livewires soon so I'll be able to give a better review of the player, but it's highly customisable, has great SQ, and a good soundstage.

Aug 31, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #21 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have an Clix2 8GB player and I love it.

I'll have my livewires soon so I'll be able to give a better review of the player, but it's highly customisable, has great SQ, and a good soundstage.

the only problem i have with the clix is that it doesn't have expandable memory.

Aug 31, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I probably want at least 4GB.

Quote:

the only problem i have with the clix is that it doesn't have expandable memory.

It has 8GB, twice the least amount you mentioned, how much memory do you need?

I also have a Zen and SQ is better on the Clix2, plus you can drag and drop and customise and it makes pod owners drool when they see and hear it.
wink.gif

Or wait for a year and buy the 16GB. Clix2 is the one to beat.

Aug 31, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

I also have a Zen and SQ is better on the Clix2, plus you can drag and drop and customise and it makes pod owners drool when they see and hear it.
wink.gif

I haven't seen a direct comparison with the Samsung T9 (I'd like to hear about one), but it does seem like that one, the clix2 and (probably) the new Sonys are the tops for flash SQ.

Aug 31, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

I need first hand experiences...anyone have had the M3 before?

I just order 1 for my mom last week from Asia. It should arrive next week, will post my experience if you are still looking by then.
She is nothing close to an audiophile, so i was not too bothered about the sound (who knows it might even sound good), was just looking for something solid and cheap, with at least some reputation to its name+seeing the price ~ $78+shipping (cant beat that) for the 4GB version, i had to go for it. Ofcourse there are some no-names out there even cheaper, but I did not want to risk that.

Aug 31, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #25 of 35
Quote:

wink.gif

Where are the 8GB ones? I can't find them.

Edit: They are only in Korea. Sorry, but as you can see easily, I live in the US.

Aug 31, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

I need first hand experiences...anyone have had the M3 before?

Also here is some (secondhand) firsthand info (by Almoxil, who is a realy old and credible member/moderator there, in my opinion):

I have both M6 and M3 (and D2 too). M6 vs M3:
The bass on M3 is leaner than on M6, but the difference is negligible, IMHO;
Some people say that mids and highs on M3 are clearer than on M6, but from my listening experience the difference is barely noticeable;
The sound enhancements are the same for both players, and work the same. The EQs have the same responsiveness and precision.
Overall both players have amazing sound quality. What I don't like on the M3 is the sub par battery life with the current firmware (between 12 and 15 hours). I can get past 20 hours of music playback with my M6.

Now, D2 vs M6:
D2 has an edge in sound quality, and its sound enhancements work better than the ones on M6; some owners say that the "Spatializer" effects add some background noise to the playback, but I haven't had this issue with my unit;
M6 has an excellent 10-band EQ that's very accurate: I've got a pair of Koss PortaPro's (bass heavy headphones), and IMHO the EQ on M6 tames PortaPro's lower frequencies easier than the EQ on D2.
Again, pinpointing a winner here is very difficult. Both players have excellent SQ. D2 has an edge over M6, but M6 is way cheaper. If the budget is important, the M6 should be a great choice.

One thing I have to mention about the M6 is a playback bug that happens when you play live albums or DJ sets (with no silence between tracks): if the files are encoded at bitrates higher than 192 kbits/s (VBR or CBR MP3s), you may have some skip/stutter between tracks. I hope Meizu will fix this in the next firmware release.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=19351

You might want to look around on the forums a reviews there too, theye have forums for almost every player you are discussing here. So you dont have to ask everything that has been asked there too. They even have a forum for Comparing MP3 Players, you have more XXX vs. YYY treads there thatn you can dream of: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...splay.php?f=85

BTW I'd go for the D2 in your place
wink.gif

Sep 1, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #29 of 35
prices i guess are msrp?

Quote:

* The NWZ-A815 player has a total capacity of 2GB;... and will cost about $140.
* The NWZ-A816 player has a total capacity of 4GB; ...and will cost about $180.
* The NWZ-A818 player has a total capacity of 8GB, ...and will cost about $230.

The NWZ-S610 series of Walkman music players come in three different capacities and four colors:

* The NWZ-S615F player has a total capacity of 2GB; ... and costs about $120.
* The NWZ-S616F player has a total capacity of 4GB;...and costs about $160.
* The NWZ-S618F player has a total capacity of 8GB,...and costs about $210.

The NWZ-B100 series of Walkman music players come in two different capacities and colors:

* The NWZ-B103F player has a total capacity of 1GB, comes in black, and costs about $60.
* The NWZ-B105F player has a total capacity of 2GB, comes in black and white, and costs about $80.

check the bottom of the page

Sep 1, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #30 of 35
I owned both Cowon D2 and clix2 and I find the D2 soundstage too distant and narrow, this player is unable to resolve fast and complicated music material which makes this player shrill on highs. But what makes D2 inferior to clix2 or T39 is a lack of the feeling that you participate in the music event. It's like there is an invisible barrier between the listener and the music performance. Actually you lose more from the music material when played back as FLAC on the D2 than mp3 320kb/s on clix or T39. When you load T39 with FLAC files you even hear that small advantage.
T39 sounds similar to the clix2 rather than to the D2. The latter is a bit more smooth and mellow but not less detailed. T39 sounds "faster" and a bit more energetic.
The biggest flaw of T39 is a bit crappy menu architecture so far and disputable ergonomy. Operating in the pocket is impossible because of just one button and touch screen doing the rest of the job. Also, the FM tuner is not the best. On the other hand you get a speaker - just one, but enough to watch movies in a couple or listen to some breaking news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back