looking for flash player with really good SQ
Aug 30, 2007 at 5:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

souperman

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey, I'm currently in the market for a flash-based player with as good SQ as you can get. I know there are some other threads like this, but they don't really fit my bill. I probably want at least 4GB. I won't be amping this ever. Any ideas? Thanks. I'm selling my ZV:M to pay off some bills, and then I will be in the need for an mp3 player to take around school.

Aug 30, 2007 at 8:51 AM Post #4 of 35
Add the Teclast T39, iRiver ifp-F700 and remove the Cowon D2 from the list.
evil_smiley.gif
Believing my friend, iAudio 7 is not so spectacular, but he has listened to pre-sales version some time ago.

Aug 30, 2007 at 11:21 AM Post #5 of 35
Quote:

Add the Teclast T39, iRiver ifp-F700 and remove the Cowon D2 from the list

Teclast has the sound closer to Cowon D2 so.. Why you'd like to remove it from the list ?

Aug 30, 2007 at 2:07 PM Post #6 of 35
This site has pretty good reviews, including sound quality (look in the "MP3" tab). They seem to like the clix 2 the best (over the T9 and i7). I would like to hear what people here who have heard them have to say.

Also, I believe the Meizu M3 is supposed to have less hiss than the M6 (but they have that d*mn problem of stuttering at the end of some tracks).

Aug 30, 2007 at 2:57 PM Post #7 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuumz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Teclast has the sound closer to Cowon D2 so.. Why you'd like to remove it from the list ?

Exactly what I was going to say.

How reliable are your ears dude?

Aug 30, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #9 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know the trekstor vibez isn't a flash player, but how is the SQ on that?

That's right up there with the ones I first posted. Not the best looking interface but its supposed to sound amazing.

Aug 30, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #11 of 35
Never mind...I have been reading that the D2 has a very cold and analytical sound which is what I'm not looking for. I might just go for the Vibez since I do need that extra space. The problem I have with the Vibez is that it h as no hold button. You have you press two buttons to make it go on hold. It's too bad that the D2 has such a cold and analytical sound because the features are exactly what I'm looking for in a player. Also, can the D2 shuffle through all songs including the songs on the SD slot?

Aug 30, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #14 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the D2 can shuffle through all of the songs, SD and internal.

Oh that sounds great. Also, could people explain the SQ of the D2. Would the EQ help out the cold analytical sound signature?

Aug 30, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #15 of 35
in order to get the most of the D2's sound, you'll need properly encoded music. the SQ of the D2 is not very forgiving. my 320kbps MP3 files sounded great, while the lesser files....not so much. it certainly has a colder signature than most DAPs I've heard.

the EQ can help, as it is rather versatile. mine was paired with the E4c's, which I ended up not liking all that much anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back