looking for Flagship <EUR1,600 headphone for kpop+female ballad+pop
Nov 3, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #31 of 35
I have a few amps. Amps and Sounds Kenzie is my newest and favorite right now. I also have a Cavalli Liquid Carbon and a Bottlehead Crack that I use with the Had 700's most of the time. My dac is a Schiit Yggdrasil also have a Questyle QP1R dap that can be used as a USB dac also.

I was actually asking which amps/DAC the OP have
beerchug.gif

But awesome stuff you have 
L3000.gif

Nov 3, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #32 of 35
I was actually asking which amps/DAC the OP have :beerchug:

But awesome stuff you have  :L3000:
Sorry didn't catch it . Thanks I'm happy with them for sure my wife not so much ; )

Nov 22, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #33 of 35
hey guys, 

thanks again for your response
i finally heard the hd800, on fiio e12 and a 6000 euro amp in store, was not that impressed, the soundstage is no where near to what i imagined after all the review i read, its slightly but noticibly bigger than my dt1770, maybe wooden ears...

did not feel a mid range or vocal efficiency in the hd800, and felt that the hd800 is less sparkly than the T1 both generations, im guessing its because T1s peak is power and more perceptable?

but damn is it comfortable, more so than all the beyers (ive tried all of the mid and high end ones), grado, elear (the build quality of which is excelent, feels more premium than HD800)

im thinking after dt1700, im at a price point where its really incremental improvements with higher price points,or just wooden ears

Nov 22, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #34 of 35
Have you tried the K702?
As I've said before it provides almost HD800-like soundstage and has more forward midrange.
(and it's way cheaper)

Nov 22, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #35 of 35
  Have you tried the K702?
As I've said before it provides almost HD800-like soundstage and has more forward midrange.
(and it's way cheaper)

thanks for the suggestion man
i havnt,i didnt bother testing the sound after i put it on my head, its just not the kind of fit i can live with, its not uncomfortable,but such hard foam pad, doesnt conform to the head, clamp and fit very weird, i have too much OCD i cant stand assymetrical head contact on both sides

yea i know im looking for something rather odd, ussually high end flag **** stuff are not really intended for pop music i guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back