looking for Flagship <EUR1,600 headphone for kpop+female ballad+pop
Nov 2, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #16 of 35
Forget the HD800s for rock and pop, IMO. Almost disastrous (already prepared for hate-mail! lol) However, with classical there is no better headphone than this - it is truly peerless.
I would recommend the Beyerdynamic T1's, in your situation. The mids are exquisite, vocals are better than the HD800's IMO, and they are comfortable and musical. I just LOVE listening to jazz/swing with the T1's. Beautiful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nov 2, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #17 of 35
  thanks for the suggestion, but k702 isnt really flagship

"Flagship" is just a marketing term, nothing more.

You wanted a headphone with HD800-like soundstage and forward mids, that's K702.
It's also more neutral (HD800 is quite clinical due to its highlighted treble).

Nov 2, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #18 of 35
yea i know man, ive already done thorough research on all the well known flagships b4 coming here, and couldnt find one that fits my profile, its either smth with some what recessed mids or something bass heavy and missing top end with planar magnetics

i already have the he400i, which is said to be very similar to he400s

Nov 2, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #19 of 35
"Flagship" is just a marketing term, nothing more.

You wanted a headphone with HD800-like soundstage and forward mids, that's K702.
It's also more neutral (HD800 is quite clinical due to its highlighted treble).
He doesn't want soundstage just detail and forward mids and sparkling treble.

Nov 2, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #20 of 35
what is it about hd800 that makes it so bad for pop? recessed mid or? dont rly need lots of bass for me here, i got dt1770 for that

i read that t1 has a dry mid range? and slightly recessed? i auditioned t1 gen 2 several times in shop actually and i like it, but just feel no improvement over my dt1770 in terms of detail (ofc more open), just diff sound signature

what do you think about the level of detail btw t1 and hd800? i keep reading hd800 more detailed

Nov 2, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #21 of 35
deep down i know you are probably right, but i just want to experience the extra detail that im missing from the so called "flagships",
i always read about how the hd800 is more detailed than t1 which is more detailed than dt1770(which i own) or how the he560 or he1000 is more detail than he400(own)

maybe its just super small difference or?

what do you think about the level of detail btw t1 and hd800? i keep reading hd800 more detailed, is it just because its more expensive?
and is the vocals of hd800 that bad?

Nov 2, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #24 of 35
He doesn't want soundstage just detail and forward mids and sparkling treble.

I've made that up, thanks.

Quote:
  what is it about hd800 that makes it so bad for pop? recessed mid or? dont rly need lots of bass for me here, i got dt1770 for that

i read that t1 has a dry mid range?

The mid treble peak that's quite high relative to the upper midrange.

I own the T1.1 (not the T1.2) and it's not dry.
HD800 is much drier.

Quote:
what do you think about the level of detail btw t1 and hd800? i keep reading hd800 more detailed, is it just because its more expensive? and is the vocals of hd800 that bad?

HD800 is more detailed than the T1 at the expense of being more steely sounding.

It's not that vocals are bad on HD800, vocal rendering is very good, it's just that they appear a tad recessed and somehow colourless.
T1.1's vocals are just a tad more intimate and musical.

Nov 2, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #25 of 35

i read that t1 has a dry mid range? and slightly recessed? i auditioned t1 gen 2 several times in shop actually and i like it, but just feel no improvement over my dt1770 in terms of detail (ofc more open), just diff sound signature

what do you think about the level of detail btw t1 and hd800? i keep reading hd800 more detailed

Both these headphones suck in '10-minute auditions' IMO. Listen to them quickly in a shop, and you'll quickly put them both down, and probably leave with a pair of B&W P7's (which are actually, very good cans!)
However, LIVE with both of these sets, and actually listen to music with them and you'll be charmed, and when you listen to one you'll ALMOST feel like you're cheating on the other! lol
BOTH are highly detailed, relatively prominent-mid, and relatively bass-shy headphones, with slightly different signatures. HD800's have a slightly 'bigger' soundstage, but the T1's have a bit more 'fun' about their character.
You will NEVER make any sense of what we are saying unless you actually commit to, and LIVE with these masterpieces.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nov 2, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #26 of 35
I really think you should give the 700's a try . Then Stax running out of options.

Nov 2, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #28 of 35
Nov 3, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #29 of 35
What DAC and Amp do you use?

I really think you should give the 700's a try . Then Stax running out of options.

Stax is not going to work. Around that price is not going to get you the 'flagship' sr-009, which IMO is only bad when your source is not good enough
beerchug.gif

Have you considered the Denon D7000 or Fostex TH-900? I personally prefer the D7k, but the th900 is much more available.
Both have sparkly treble, but the th900 have more forward mids and more bass.

Both are fun an engaging, might not be the most detailed, but the music listed probably don't require that level of detail...
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 3, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #30 of 35
What DAC and Amp do you use?

Stax is not going to work. Around that price is not going to get you the 'flagship' sr-009, which IMO is only bad when your source is not good enough :beerchug:

Have you considered the Denon D7000 or Fostex TH-900? I personally prefer the D7k, but the th900 is much more available.
Both have sparkly treble, but the th900 have more forward mids and more bass.

Both are fun an engaging, might not be the most detailed, but the music listed probably don't require that level of detail...:bigsmile_face:  
I have a few amps. Amps and Sounds Kenzie is my newest and favorite right now. I also have a Cavalli Liquid Carbon and a Bottlehead Crack that I use with the Had 700's most of the time. My dac is a Schiit Yggdrasil also have a Questyle QP1R dap that can be used as a USB dac also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back